I feel safe

(Still Colleen's POV:)
"Mom?"
My mom smiled and hugged me. I started bawling.
"Sweetie where have you been all these your kids? Why are you hurt? Tell me everything." she said.
I told her everything, about Jack, the raping, the kids, Joshua. She loved on the kids and she loved josh. The kids already like her. They went to bed because they were worn out.
Just me and josh were in the room, he was staying the night.

I stood up and gave him a hug. "Thank you Joshua for everything. Thank you so much." I held on to him for a long time. I looked over there and saw Jackson standing there. He was smiling.

"Is this our new daddy?" He asked.

Joshua blushed and backed away. "I was just hugging your mom." Josh said to him laughing.

I was going to bed and saw that Joshua was about to sleep on the couch.
"You don't have to sleep there." I said laughing.
"Nah I'm fine." He said.
"You can come into my room. I really want someone with me I don't feel safe" I said walking over to him.
He opened up his arms and I started bawling.
"I feel safe now." I said holding to him. I truly did feel safe.
"Let's go to bed" he said grabbing my waist.
When we got to bed I laid my head on his chest and fell asleep. This is the first night felt safe.

Nightmare:
I walked down the hallway and saw Jack. He beat me until I could stand. I saw himkill Kate.
"NEVER LEAVE AGAIN." He said and hit me on the head.
-End of nightmare-

I woke up sweating and Josh shot up.
"What happened!!?? He said grabbing me closing to him. "He came back, he killed the Kate." I said between cries.
"It's okay it was just a dream." he said. He kissed my head and I felt a lot better. Just then we saw little Kate walk in. "Mommy I had a bad dream." She said in her little voice.
"Awh it's okay baby it wasn't real. Come sleep with us." I said to her. She jumped into my arms and feel asleep, and soon I feel asleep in Josh's arms.

Joshua's POV:
I woke up and saw that everyone was gone from the room. I looked at the time and it was 9:45am.

I walked out of the room and the kids said hi to me. Colleen had a huge smile on her face and ran up to hug me. I held onto her tight. I really liked her.
"Thank you for last night. you really helped me. Kate told me she liked you snuggling with us." she said kind of chuckling.
"Anytime. You didn't deserve anything that happened to you." I said to her.
"Good morning Joshua." her mom said coming out of the kitchen. She really liked me. Her dad like me too.
Soon more people came over, a girl named Rachel came over. She was Colleen's sister. All of the kids loved her too. Then her brother Chris and his wife and there three kids came over. She look so happy. She walked into our room and I followed her.
She knew I was there and turned around and just stared at me.
"Josh I don't think I can thank you enough. You have done so much for me. I don't feel scared when I'm with you. Josh I really like you" She said putting her hands around my neck. "I know I just met you but you've done so much for me." She said scooting closer in. I grabbed her waist and kissed her. I felt sparks fly that I've never felt for anyone else.

Colleens POV:
The kiss was the best kiss I've ever had. I started thinking about Jack and how happy I was that he was gone. I hugged onto Josh and saw that Maddie and Rachel were there looking. I didn't care though. I never want to move.