Chapter 1 - The Beginning

|| ISABELLE ||

Heat circles around in my room, while sunlight is fighting it's way to make it brighter. I wipe the bead of sweat in my forehead before it rolls down my cheeks to my neck. This is one of the signals that summer has already landed on London. It is my favorite season in the calendar, yet sometimes I hate it because of how the weather is so hot, I can feel myself sweating every second. I can't blame it though, summer is summer.

My name is Isabelle Monroe. My story is different from other teenage girls out there. I came from an average family who can afford a house, some clothing, and food for a daily basis. I have a sister that's 5 years older than me whose name is Nikki. I didn't know a lot from my parents since I only get to be with them from my birth till I am 5 years old. My childhood is not all sunshines and rainbows. Half of it is full of sadness and confusion. From what I had heard from my sister, when I am 5 years old, we went to a forest for a vacation and our parents left the both of us in the woods and we're found by my aunt. I never knew the exact story, but what I am clearly sure is that they have a reason why they left us there. My features are not that perfect. I have dark brown hair that almost looks like black just like my mother. My eyes are almost like my hair, just a few shades lighter. I'm not skinny nor fat, just the average body shape. Just like every single teenager, I have dreams, hopes, problems, and crushes. My favorite band? One Direction. Once I hear their name, my stomach does a lot of backflips, sending my mind in different places. All of them are my favorite, but I do have a soft spot for Niall James Horan. Yes, you heard it. He has been my ultimate crush since I heard them. Why? There might be a long list, but one thing I really do love about him is that he treats every girl a princess and gives her so much respect. His features makes me melt like a popsicle, have a butterfly party in my stomach, and makes my cheeks red as a cherry tomato.

I snapped out of my thoughts once I heard the familiar ring of my phone. I got up from my bed and went to my desk and grab it to avoid further vibrating.

I look at the called I.D to see a picture of my best friend, Tiffany. I slide the 'Answer' box and place my phone

beside my ear.

"Hey, Tiffany! What's up?" I greeted, hearing laughs in the background. She must be with my other best friend.

"Hey Isabelle! Me and Kat are planning to go to Cloe's house for some important announcement she has to say. I just thought if you wanna join us?" Tiffany says through the other line.

"Sure, I'll be there. Where do you wanna meet up?" I asked once again.

"Gelato ice-cream bar. See ya!" Tiffany says one last time.

"Okay, see ya!" I ended the call and proceed to my white marble closet, to pick up on what I am going to wear for the day.

After debating on what I am supposed to wear, I decided to wear my baby blue colored 'I Love Cookies' shirt that reaches just on my waist together with a pair of skinny jeans and my favorite pair of Toms. I lay the clothing on my bed and proceed to shower my body.

***********

Once I step out of the shower, I slid on my shirt and sit on the vanity. I conceal the spots that I am currently trying to hide such as the slight bags under my eyes from lack of sleep and some acne I receive from also lack of sleep and the days I am on my month. I draw a thin line on my eye, just above my lash line towards the end of it, slightly winging it out. Lastly, I put some drama on my

lashes with a few swipes of mascara to make my eyes pop. I balm up my lips and proceed to my hair.

My hair is sometimes a complete bipolar. Sometimes it will be silky and smooth, sometimes it will be a frizz bomb. This time, I let it dry on its own, while combing it out to get rid of the harsh tangles.

After my hair is finally tamed, I step in to my jeans, put on my shoes, grab my bag and my beanie, and step out of the house.

Warm air greeted me, as I started walking to the place Tiffany mentioned me. Being outside of the house is rare to me, not that I am a cavewoman who never leaves her cave and who is afraid of the sun, but because on school days, I'm always stuck at home sitting in my desk in my room with a tower of books on my left side, pencils and pens scattered everywhere, and my notebooks and binders on the right side never been opened. My weekends and weekdays are the same since I really need to keep my grades up for my aunt is the one who pays my education. It would be a shame if I have failing grades.

I arrived at the meeting place. It is a beautiful store with rainbows and

unicorn stickers plastered on the windows, and rainbow themed wall coverings. I entered the store, my nostrils filled with different flavors of ice-cream. I spotted two familiar wads and went to the table Tiffany and Kat are sitting.

"Hey, guys!" I greeted, receiving warm smiles from the both of them. I sat at the chair next to Kat.

"So...what are we doing here?" I asked.

"We are waiting for you, silly! But, let's have ice-cream first." Tiffany replied handing me my favorite ice cream.

**

Thanks for reading the first chapter of this book! I hope you have fun meeting the protagonist and a little bit of her background! Leave a feedback if you like! :)

- belle xx