Chapter 3.2 - Like Clouds

Thank you so much guys! Here's the chapter. Enjoy! :)

|| ISABELLE ||

"Wake up, sleeping beauty." I groaned before opening my eyes. Once my eyes adjusted, I almost pushed the person in front of me, when I saw Kat's face directly in front of me, her eyes studying my soul.

"Jesus, Kat! Don't scare me like that." Kat laughed at my sudden expression. I looked around to see that I am the only one sitting in the van, sleeping all by myself. The air is cold, but still enough for me to never wear a jacket anymore despite my clothes right now, which is a tank top and denim wash shorts. I looked outside to see little kids running around, tourists with their cameras dangling in their necks, and other people lining up to restaurants and souvenir shops. I saw Cloe, Tiffany, and her dad, Reed, outside the restaurant called 'Joe's Diner', busy with their phones, along with some more people who are sitting with them, waiting.

I decided to resume my sleep and shut my eyes once again. My mind and body is still not functioning well, and one thing that will surely make them start running. Sleep is slowly taking over me, finally.

"No, no, no! You are getting up whether you like it or not." Kat says, starting to poke my sides. My eyes are still screwed shut, but my smile is beyond growing big already. A few moments later, I was laughing my head off, my hips swaying left and right, because of Kat's hands.

"Kat--Stop!!," I yelped while clutching my stomach in laughter. My sides and my stomach are starting to hurt and Kat doesn't even slowed her pace yet.

Once she stopped tickling me, I opened my eyes and made a time out sign with my hands. Whenever I'm tickled, I usually stay away from people since they might still a slight chance that they'll tickle me yet again and it drives me insane.

I finally got the energy and hopped out of the van, and meet up with Cloe, Reed, and Tiffany.

"It's about time you wake up." Tiffany rolled her eyes at me and I just laughed at her.

After a few minutes, I checked my phone and decided to text Nikki since it is in her rules that I constantly need to text her to
Make sure I'm safe.

To : Nikki
"We are eating at a diner,I think we are close. I'll give you a ring later! Love you! xx"

After I am done texting, the waitress finally comes to our table. Man, She needs rest. Her hair is tied in a very mess bun, She has thick bags under hey eyes, screaming need for sleep, and her eyes looked like they are gonna fall any minute now. This must be a 24 hour diner and she must be a head waitress or if that thing even exists.

"Good morning folks, welcome to Joe's Diner, what can I get ya?" The waitress said tapping her notepad with her pencil. She has this texan accent which kinda reminds me of waitresses in movies.

I looked at the menu, seeing traditional breakfast ideas, but only one thing catches my eye and it is no other than waffles, absolute and all time favorite of mine since I was a child.

Everyone recited their orders which somehow consists of eggs and pancakes and bacon and the waitress scribbles it down her notepad

"How about you, young lady?" The waitress asked, looking at me.

"I'll have the golden brown waffle." I answered and she take our menus and walks away.

"I swear she needs rest." Tiffany says once she was out of range in hearing our conversation.

"Tiffany, she might hear you!" Cloe scolded her and we all laughed.

"So what will you be doing at the camp?" Reed enlightened the conversation.