Chapter 46 - A Familiar Face

|| ISABELLE ||

"So... how many fights did you two already had?" Nikki asks, digging for some answers. If you think my sister is the type that never asks for such details just like in this situations, think again. She'll never stop showering you questions unless you give all the answers to her. So, here I am, sharing stuff with her, including the embarrassing ones.

"Around 3, I guess? The two are not really that serious like the recent one." I answered, still not sure how many. I apologize for my brain, it forgets the most important things in the times I need it.

"I hope you don't have a really big fight. I know how your feelings respond to things that are hard to handle." My heart gets really soft and vulnerable in times where there is nothing to do, but just sit and stare. God, I can't even imagine myself without taking a glimpse of Niall in one day. I pushed the thought to the back of my mind before I started to cry in front of my sister.

"We won't. I'm sure of that." I assured her. Half of me felt it isn't going happen.

Nikki must have noticed the expression on my face, because after a few seconds, she hugged me tightly, like she's silently confronting me, with pop music in the background.

"I'll always be here, okay?"

"Okay." We pulled apart from our 'dramatic sisterly' hug and smile at each other before laughing our heads off. I didn't know that moments with your sister can be

one of the best feelings you'll ever have. Me and Nikki never did this before, since both of us are so busy with school, college, and work, we even barely talk.

Nikki didn't wasted no time in changing the subject. We talked about how me and Niall met, how all the teasing began, to the point if I make sure I didn't serve burnt food to them. She also told me some new recipes to cook for them, and even advice on this 'relationship' thing. It's so weird to say or even think that I'm in a relationship, even though me and Niall are together for almost month already. There's still one thing I really want to tell her that keeps bugging me for the past weeks. Jake.

"Nikki, I have something to tell you." I finally said, Nikki's attention quickly averted to me.

"Oh my god, please don't tell me you're pregnant." My eyes widened, as my cheeks are colored with cherry red.

"Nikki! For goodness sakes, no!" I blurted, making Nikki laugh harder.

"Nikki, I'm serious here!"

"Alright, alright. What is it?"

"Jake's here, Nikki." Nikki's bubbly face changed once she heard his name. She knew what I'd been through with Jake, the memories come flooding back in. The countless nights of crying, the days where I lost some weight from not eating the right amount of food. Surely, I ate food, but not as much as the amount I'm eating today. Nikki didn't even approve of him, for he's

status at school and his 'bad boy' look. I was so naïve those days, since I'm so into him, I never even felt a nerve that he's cheating on me.

"How? I thought he moved to California, where he's good for nothing parents are?," Nikki asks focused, holding on my hand, her thumb rubbing circles on it.

"I don't know. He just appeared in the crowd one time me and Niall were singing in front of this small crowd. I warned him to stay away from me and told him that I'm Niall's now." Nikki rolled her eyes in disgust, she gets really aggressive when someone hurts me.

"He's such a bastard." Nikki says quietly, hiding her inner demon side.

"I know. What is he shows up on that door, right now? God knows what will happen to me." I answered, panicking.