14: How We End

Stef's Turn:
Flex And Kev Came Over To Check On Me. I Was Surprised That Kev Even Showed Up After Our Talk At Ryan's. I Prayed He Wasn't Serious About Ending Our Friendship. I Needed Him Most Right Now.

"We Glad You Cool Stef. Can't Believe It Was Kenny. I Guess You Never Know What People Really Think About You, And How Far They'll Go To Remove You From Your Blessings," Flex Said.

"Yeah Man. I'm Just Blessed To Be Alive Right Now," I Said. "Flex, You Mind If Kev And I Talk Alone Real Quick?"

Flex Nodded And Excused Himself. Kev Sat There Staring At Me With A Look Of Annoyance.

"Kev, I Heard Everything You Said, And I'm Not Here To Change Your Opinion. I Love You Like A Brother, And I Know I Messed Up. Please Don't Throw This Friendship Away. It Means Too Much To Me."

I Waited For Kev To Respond, But He Didn't. I Expected It, But I Was Hoping It Wouldn't Happen. Kev Got Up And Placed A Letter Next To Me. After Sitting The Letter Down, He Walked Over To Liyah, Who Was Back After A Shower And Hugged Her. He Walked Out, And That Was It. I Felt My Stomach Drop And My Eyes Water. Everything Around Me Went Silent. Liyah Came Over And Wrapped Her Arms Around Me As I Cried Into Her Chest. Flex Entered The Room Again And Sat There In Case His Help Was Needed.

"Flex I'll Call You Later. Let Me Just Get Him To Calm Down," Liyah Said.

Flex Agreed, Hugged Liyah And Left.
As Liyah Comforted Me, She Whispered Something To Me.

"You Are A Man At Every Turn, And An Even Bigger Man When You Admit Your Wrongs. Sometimes, People Are Threatened By That, And Cannot Process Your Doings. But It Doesn't Mean You Should Stop Being A Man."

She Kissed Me And Headed To The Kitchen To Grab Some Water. While She Spent Her Time In The Kitchen, I Decided To Read The Letter. I Thought I Could Better Understand Kev's Choice.

I Opened The Letter, To Find It Many Words To Explain Why Kev And I Couldn't Remain Friends.

"These Last Couple Months Have Been A Lot To Handle. Ryan And Kenny, You And Liyah, And Flex Not Really Being Around. I Felt Alone. And In My Loneliness, I Came To The Realization That I Need To Be By Myself For A While. I Have To Sort Through Some Things In Order To Get Myself Together. You'll Always Be My Brother, But This Is My Time Of Need. I Hope You Can Respect That. I'll See You Guys Soon. I Hope Everything Works Out."

The Letter Made Me Feel Like Scum. But I Had To Respect My Brother's Space. I Had To.