9: Piecing It Together

Aaliyah's Turn:

Two Days Ago I Met Up With Ryan, And She Spilled The News About Kev. This Had Certainly Changed My Perspective About Him. I Didn't Know Whether Or Not I Could Connect Him Back To The Split Between Stef And I, But I'd Definitely Consider All Possibilities.

I Lounged Around The House With This Shit On My Brain, Until I Decided That I Had To Talk With Ryan About It. It Was Crucial To Have All Details Correct.

Ryan's Turn:

I Was Laying Down After A Long Flight When My Phone Rang. I Figured It Was Either Aaliyah Or A Client, Wanting Their Hair And Makeup Done.

Phone Rings...

"I Love To Get On

I Love To Get 2 On

When The Drink Be Too Strong

When The Drink Be Way Too Strong"

I Answered The Phone Knowing It Was Aaliyah. She Either Wanted To Talk About Stef And How She Was Dealing With The Split, Or My Trip Back And Forth To New York This Week. Either Way, I Was Drained And Exhausted And Wished For Her To Make It Quick.

"Ryan, I Know You're Tired But I Really Need To Here This".

I Tried To Piece Every Single Word Together To Try And Trigger A Clue At What She Might Be Talking About, But I Came Up With Nothing.

"What About Liyah?"

"The Kev Story".

She Wanted Every Single Detail. Even The Minuscule Ones.

"Liyah, I Told You Two Days Ago Love".

"I Know Ryan, But I Think This Could Piece My Relationship Back Together".

"Liyah, The Only Thing That Could Do That Is Time. Kev's Story Isn't A Factor In Your Breakup".

"But You Said It Yourself That Kev Might've Had Something To Do With It".

"Yeah But That Was Before I Told You The Story. Now You See Why That Can't Make Sense".

"Ryan Please! I Need To Get Every Single Detail Right!

I Pondered On Whether Or Not I'd Tell Her. She Deserved To Know The Truth And Not Some Bullshit I Made Up To Cover My Tracks. This Was My Best Damn Friend!!! Fuck!! I Had To Tell Her. Regardless If I Was Jeopardizing My Safety.

"Liyah, Follow My Directions Exactly. Be Here In One Hour. When You Get Here, You Will Listen And Say Nothing More. What I'm Gonna Tell You Could Endanger My Life, So I'm Trusting You. Can You Handle That?"

"Yes Ryan".

"Don't Tell Anyone You're Coming Here".

And I Hung Up.

This Secret Could Put Her Relationship Back In Place, But It Could Also Get Me Killed. It's Obvious I Loved The Both Of Them, So This Sacrifice Seemed Necessary.

Or It At Least It Better Be.