Chapter 27

{JJ's POV}

"Look Spence, I know you're mad about the entire thing, but I need you to know I did it for us. I did it for the kids. I did it so all of you would be safe." I say, my hand still on his arm "I know JJ I just- how do I tell the kids?" Spence says "We can go it together." I say as he looks at our rings and slightly smiles "You still wear it?" He asked looking up at me "I never took it off. Not once." I say "Me either." Spence says as he puts his fingers around his left hand and smiles, then looks at my hand on his arm "Jennifer listen. I have to tell you something. It's important." Spence says "Yeah what is it?" I say scooting closer to the edge of the couch "After you left, it got bad again. You're mom found out before it got worse and confronted me about it and one night it got really bad. It was the night after she told me she knew about the Dilaudid. I was in the room that night and everybody was asleep and I couldn't sleep and I- I just I had to- but I couldn't! Henry came in the room just before I did it. He made me stop." He says "What did he do. Please Spence." I say putting my other arm on his "I dropped it and he looked up at me, and you know when he looks up at you with those big brown eyes you can't say no." He says as I smile. It's true. "He looked up at me and said 'daddy stop. Mommy said its not good for you. It won't help.' In that moment I knew. I knew I had to stop. Not just for them. Or your mom. But for me. And for you." "Spence." I say hugging him and I feel his tears on my shirt "I'm so sorry." Spence says "Don't be. You were hurting. You thought it would help." I say still hugging him. We pull away and look at each other's face. We both have tears in our eyes and tear stains on our cheeks. I smile as I wipe his face with my thumb. I look down at his lips and freeze. I feel his hand on my chin and he lifts my head up so I'm looking at his eyes while he smiles. 'Don't smile!' I think to myself. I can never resist that smile! He takes his hand and pushes the hair out of my face then looks back at me, while his hands are holding mine.

{Reid's POV}

'But baby now, take me into your loving arms. Place your hand on my beating heart.' I think as we just sit there. Face to face. Heart to heart. Eye to eye. 'We found love right where we are' I think as I smile. I watch as a smile makes it way across her lips. A smile so big the crinkles by her eyes show. I alway loved that. My hand is on her cheek and the other holding hers. I look up into her eyes and can tell she's smiling again. Would it be wrong if I said I wanted to kiss her?

{JJ's POV}

I wonder if he wants to kiss me as much as I want to kiss him right now. His hand on my cheek. My hand in his. Face to face. Our breathing is heavy. "Would it be wrong if I kissed you?" Spence asked as I smiled "I thought you'd never ask." I say as he smiles and leans in. The burning flame that started so long ago gets reignited again. The feeling in the pit of my stomach comes back. The tingles spread throughout my entire body. He puts his other hand on my face my hands on his neck. His tong is begging for an entrance so I let him. I smile when he did. "I missed you so much." I say pulling away "I love you." Spence says as he kisses me again, this time with more passion that I didn't even know was possible.