Chapter Seventeen

Ally's POV:

The girls and I decided to spend the night at the hospital since we figured it was a little too late to drive back into town. We were still getting used to small town so we didn't want to get lost in the middle of night.

We didn't know how much we depended on our security until all of them were torn away from us. Now we were stranded in this big hospital.

Thankfully there were some empty rooms so we were able to stay on actual beds instead of couches and chairs. Plus, since Kenzi and Jenson were on this floor, we were able to visit them whenever we wanted while staying here. Well, we were able to visit Kenzi. Jenson has yet to approve other visitors other than Mika and Jamie as well as her father and Kenzi's. Kenzi's father visiting Jenson was sweet though I could tell that Jamie and Mika were hesitant to allow him in.

It was all understandable though with how protective Mika and Jamie are and how distant Jenson has become while in the hospital. I mean, she was in a freaking hospital bed, recovering. It was completely understandable.

According to the reports that we were given through news coverage, Jenson one of the survivors that attained the most traumatic injury during the attack. It was true Jamie and Big Rob were also injured during the attack but they didn't attain such injuries that Jenson did. She was shot. She was stabbed. She nearly bled to death. It was a miracle that she was able to physically recover at such speed. So I was not so surprised that Mika and Jamie explained Jenson's mental and emotional state being not so stable.

I mean, Jenson was causing even more physical damage to herself because she couldn't bare the emotional pain that she was still enduring. She was refusing to talk to the hospital's therapy according to Mika and I could tell that Mika and Jamie were worried for their younger friend. 

I prayed ever since that day for her better health; physically, emotionally and mentally, not only for own health but for ours as well. The girls and I have grown attached to the young bodyguard. Though she was distant at times, she was still Jenson. She was caring. She was strong. She was inspiring. It tore all of our hearts to learn that she put her life on the line for us. For Kenzi.

As I continued to think over the dramatic turn of events, I found myself by Kenzi's doorway. It was slightly opened, which was weird since the nurses and doctors were very strict with regards about keeping doors closed in the hospital. According to the nurses, it was for the courtesy for the patients.

I made my way to the door and was about to close the door when I heard a voice coming from the inside. I knew that no one else was in the room so I was hopeful that it was Kenzi, that she finally awake from her coma.

My curiosity got the better of me and I peeked through the door into the room. I was surprised to find that Kenzi was still in her deep sleep in her bed, motionless, unconscious, unknowing of the person sitting closely by her bed.

Jenson.

Jenson was in her wheelchair, awfully close to Kenzi's bed. She had a good hold on one of Kenzi's hand as she continued her conversation with the unconscious girl. Jenson had yet to notice my presence and my prying eyes. I felt guilty knowing that I was eavesdropping on a conversation made for two.

As I slowly backed away from the room I heard something I definitely didn't think I was ever going to hear. Especially from the close-hearted bodyguard.

I decided to book it back towards the room Dinah, Normani and I were sharing before I could get caught by one of the nurses, or worse Jenson.

"Hey, where's the snacks?" Dinah pouted when she noticed my empty hands once I reached our room.