Chapter Twenty-Seven: D-Day

A/N: Hello lovelies ! This is going to be a short one because I wanted to make it into two parts. So this is part 1. Another update will be coming within the week :D But sadly it'll be the last update unless I choose to make an epilogue... Which is potentially going to happen but we shall see. I'm a decisive person. 

Anyways. 

After the epilogue, I'll be posting more Fifth Elements and put up the remade Fox Chase that I have been working on. 

P.S. At the end of the update or at the end of epilogue, I will be having a vote for the next story line (NORMANI/YOU or ALLY/YOU) I know most of you chose the Normani/You but I switched the story line for Ally/You so I thought it would be fair to have another vote. 

Anyways. Vote, comment, or follow. Whatever floats your boat. 

You guys are amazing as always :D Love ya! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV:

Today was the day. 

The day I have been waiting for almost all my life.

The day I have been imagining since I had woken up into my new life. 

The day Kenzi was taken away from me. 

Today was the day I feared the most.

I was able to get a few moments to myself as I walked through the hotel. I needed to collect myself before we started to get ready to go into the castle my father had built for himself. I needed to mentally prepare myself for what was to come. 

So I went to the rooftop to contemplate and think over every possible scenario that my dad had up his sleeve. What was he planning in that sick, twisted mind of his?

"Hey." 

I looked up from the ground and saw my little sister. I could see the fear in her eyes as she too thought about what today would bring. She knew today was going to be the day everything ended. 

No matter the cost.

"Hey, come here," I motioned to the spot next to me. She was soon by my side and I swung my arm around her shoulder to embrace her in a comforting side hug. 

"So this is it," She sighed as she leaned in closer into me.

"Yup, this is it," I replied as we both stared out into the sunrise. 

We stayed in silence for a few minutes before Kenzi decided to break it with another concerning question.

"What do you think will happen?" 

"I don't know," I glanced down to her. "But whatever does happen. I'll always have your back. No matter what. Nothing will happen to you." 

She stared right back up at me with challenging eyes, searching for a hint of lying in my eyes. She then turned away and gazed out as the rest of the world started to wake up from their slumber.

"Either way. One of you is going to be gone," She turned back to me. "I lost you once already, Skye. Stay this time." 

"I'll try," I declared. 

For the rest of the morning, Kenzi and I just sat on top of the roof gazing out to the unexpected and oblivious people in the city as they carried on with their normal routine. Not knowing of the horrors and bloodshed that was sure to come in the next couple of hours.