Chapter Twenty-Two: Reveal

A/N: Hello lovely people ! 

Here is another update on this story :D There's a scene for you ;) 

Like always. Vote, comment, follow. Whatever floats your boat. 

OH but please let me know how I did on the scene. I need some feedback on what I should work on and what should stay :D 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV:

I ran out of the car faster than my driver and bodyguard could ever open their door. I ignored their calls for me to stop, all I wanted to do is to run up to my room, blast my music so loud that no one could hear my cries under the cover. 

I had such a horrible day in school today and it was all because of that stupid Colt Jennings. He was such a bully, especially to me. He always had to pick on me and today was no exception to him. 

I ran through the double doors of the manor and due to the tears clouding my eyes, I didn't notice my dad just a few feet away from the door. I knocked into him which caused me to fall straight onto my butt and he was taken a back a bit but immediately took in the state that I was in. 

"Skye?" Dad squatted down to my level.

I moved to get up but dad had a good hold on me so I couldn't run off. He wasn't going to let me run from the issue I was drowning in at the moment. He was determined to get the truth out of me and if he wanted something, he always got what he wanted.

"Skylar, what happened? Why are you crying?"

"Colt pushed me during a volleyball match. After that, he started to make fun of me. He said that you loved Kenzi more than me and that I was adopted because mom is too beautiful for me to be her daughter," I could feel the tears burning in my eyes, threateningly to come out once more. "He wouldn't stop." 

Dad sighed and gripped my shoulder to grab my full attention. He looked straight into my eyes and I could tell that whatever he was going to tell me was going to be the truth. His eyes never lied.

"You are not adopted and you will grow just as beautiful as your mother. Maybe even more since you have half of my genes," He tried to crack a joke to make me smile, which it did. A little. "And I will never love your baby sister more than you. That is impossible. Do you want to know why?" I nodded. "When you were born and I was holding you in my arms, a little baby unknown to the world, I had made an unbreakable promise to you. Everything that I own, will be yours. You are my legacy, Skylar. Not your sister, not any other sibling that comes around. It will always be you. You will be the one to continue on the Jones name." 

I sniffled the rest of my tears and looked to my dad more happy than when I entered the manor. He was always good with his words and he always knew how to make me feel better. 

"All right, come on."

Dad picked me up, surrounding me with his big muscular arms, and brought me outside to get into his own personal car with his own personal driver and bodyguard. Dad said that this car was his castle to make sure that no one gets in other than his knights and the royal family.

The drive was a long way from home and I knew not to question where we were going because I knew dad's answer. I was too young to know right now but when I was old enough he would tell me everything. 

The driver knocked on the partition of the car to notify us that we have arrived. He turned to me and looked straight in my eyes. I could sense that this was very important to him.