23 - Repressed Memory

Louis' Reality (His POV) 

*2 months after Harry's Death* 

I'm starting to get better. Andy and Niall both convinced me that I should go back to school. It would benefit me more if I started working towards my future. 

But all I get from that place is a whole lot of bad memories. But I endure it. 

The only good thing is Craig has finally stopped bullying me. He even apologized! I can't imagine why though. It was really weird when he said it too. It was like he was being forced to say it by someone but I don't know who. 

It's all in the past now anyway. I just want to finish my last year of school and move out of this stupid town. It just brings back memories of all the bad times I went through. 

There are some good memories too but . . . the bad outweigh the rest and I need to get away. 

Sometimes I can't help but wonder what it would have been like if we both lived . . . if somehow the surgery went well for both of us. I can imagine us being reunited, embracing each other. I can imagine us kissing as if it were the first time . . . all over again. 

I can imagine it so clearly in my mind. Sometimes when I go to sleep I don't want to wake up, because my dreams are far better than reality. 

I'm with Harry in my dreams. We are finally together and we're happy. 

But I always wake up, even though I never want to. 

"Louis what are you doing?" 

I reluctantly look up from my journal where I have been mindlessly doodling for the past ten minutes. Andy is looking at me with a curious look plastered on his face. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, returning to my drawing.

He sighed, "You've been sitting here for the past ten minutes doing nothing. This kitchen isn't going to clean itself you know." 

It was clear in his tone that he was joking. I knew he was joking. But I still snapped. 

"You know what. YOU CLEAN IT!" I yelled, slamming my book shut. "I'M SICK OF DOING EVERYTHING AROUND HERE AND GETTING NOTHING OUT OF IT!" 

"Whoa Lou I-" 

"NO SHUT UP!" I screamed, clenching my fists, "I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU HAVING PARTIES ALL THE TIME WITHOUT TELLING ME! I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU NEVER CLEANING ANYTHING! I'M NOT A FUCKING SLAVE! SO EITHER YOU START PULLING YOUR FINGER OUT OF YOUR ASS OR I'M LEAVING!" 

Andy nodded stiffly before fleeing the room, leaving me fuming. I cried out in frustration as I threw my journal across the room. 

It landed with a skid on the floor, pages flying open. A few disbanded from the rest and floated around the floor. I groaned and placed my head in my hands. Why does this always happen to me? Why am I such a failure with everything? 

Why isn't Harry sitting here with me? 

I finally managed to calm down enough to go and gather my journal, picking up all the random pages. 

I was just about to shove them all back in the book when something caught my eye. My hands shook as I brought the page up closer to my face. 

He makes me feel alive, 

When all I've ever felt is dead,

He makes my body thrive, 

With every words that's said,