8 Luck? Nope.

Annabeth

After watching Percy's memories, I felt like he should be the most powerful demigod ever. I'm proud of him for not giving in and for being tough.

Apollo sighed, and stood. He looked tired. The lines in his face were deeply etched. "He's stable. He should wake in a few hours."

"Good. He can get back with us on the hunt." Phoebe smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"He joined the hunt. He's been with us 2 weeks." Phoebe said.

"He belongs at camp." I argued.

"He chose. He hates this place," Thalia shrugged.

"And he probably hates me too," I sulked.

"No. Not you." Thalia assured me. "He missed you. Not this place though."

Suddenly Percy shot up.

"Percy!" I cried. He was staring straight at nothing, ignoring all of us.

"Percy?" Leo asked.

"Percy?" Jason didn't sound concerned at all.

Hazel felt his forehead, and yelped. "He's so cold! It's like he's... D-d-dead!"

"Percy!" I yelled, and started shaking him.

"Percy. That's me, isn't it?" He asked. He looked around at all of us. "I know me, well, only my name and age and... I'm on the hunt?" He shook his head. "Annabeth!" He yelled my name and I happily hugged him, and kissed him.

He jumped right out of bed, picked me up and spun me around like I was his princess and he was my prince.

"I missed you so much! And Jason, Leo, Hazel, Frank, Piper, Grover, Ni-" He stopped short. "Nico!" He yelled, and color drained from his face.

Percy

I knew where Nico was. It was only a matter of how he got there.

"Who was with him last?" I demanded.

"Chris Rodriguez but-"

"He's for sure in Tartarus." I said in shock. Looking around, people looked worried, but not as worried as they looked when I was gone. They were used to Nico disappearing, but this time it was different. Nico was like a brother to me.

"We saw your memories," Hazel said. "Percy, we-" she stopped, and trailed off.

"But Nico is the most powerful-"

"No!" Jason stepped in. "Look. I'll be honest. Nico told me this once. Even before you got all my powers and his powers and a hades lot more powers- Nico said that he could sense auras. And yours was the strongest- you were the strongest demigod ever."

It was a lot for Jason to say. I knew he wanted his leadership and respect back, and I got all of it- but now, here I was, the craziest gods for Saken demigod ever. The most powerful to ever walk the earth. Suddenly, I was teleported to the dining hall. I saw the gods saying Liam wasn't even a demigod. That all the rumors weren't true- and then something caught me off guard. Everybody was staring up at my head. When I looked up, a triton was there, but swirling around it, much smaller, were the symbols of the gods and goddesses that had given me their blessing.

"All hail Perseus Jackson," Chiron smiled. "Greatest demigod, most favored hero, most powerful being of all time."

Suddenly every knee bowed, even the gods. Annabeth kissed me, and I dipped her. People laughed and clapped.

Suddenly something shook the earth. Cracks appeared in the marble beneath our feet. I put Annabeth down, and I stayed shoulder to shoulder with her.

"Percy Jackson!" Said a voice like nails on a chalkboard. I held my ears. It was booming loud. "Percy Jackson!" It bellowed again. "Mighty demigod! What will you do about your friend? Nico? Nico is his name, am I correct?"

My heart began to beat, as I drew Riptide. "What have you done with him?!" I screamed.

The sky tumbled, and a face appeared in a cloud of shimmery mist It was a normal face, only warty and white, with dreadlocks.

Polybotes.

Annabeth looked away from Polybotes. Was it just me or was she acting guilty about Nico?

"He's where you were! Tartarus!" Laughed Polybotes. "And you will take his place- if you come."

The hunters notched arrows. By now everybody was standing. He disappeared in a swirl of mist.

I began to ran. I ran out of the pavilion, past the cabins. I ran to the woods. I pulled up my hood, hiding my face.

I panted as I ran into the open space. Chills traced their way up my arm. Glowing mist darted around the circular opening. A laugh like ice shook the forest.

"Perseus, stronger than any." Yelled Polybotes.

I heard leaves crunching, and then the ground began giving away. Annabeth emerged from the woods. I began running towards her. Annabeth took a step towards me.

I didn't have time to yell. I felt the ground at my heels giving away. Then I jumped, tackling her back. I hung off the cliff, the pull trying to yank me in. I held on, my armpits beginning to hurt from the ground rubbing them. Annabeth recovered and began helping me. But the pull was too strong. I was slipping. I pushed her back, and my left hand lost its grip. I was hanging by my right hand only. I was just about to give way, and she threw her backpack, which I caught with my free hand as my fingers slipped.

Lucky? Nope. Demigod? Yes.

You see what I did there?