~23~ Annabeth

POV: Percy

I was at home again. I was happy. I smiled at Annabeth and she leaned into me, as we watch the sunset.

"Percy..." She said with a deep breath. "While you were gone... Nico and I..."

"I forgive you." I said.

"No... We did more." She sighed.

I take my arm from around her and knit my eyebrows, staring into her eyes. You could always tell what was going on in her head with her eyebrows and beautiful stormy gray eyes. Now, they were dark and pained.

"What'd you... Do?" I asked.

She started crying, and hugged me. "Go back with Artemis."

"This is the pain of eternity!" I snapped at her, standing up. The waves began to crash and roar on the beach.

"Percy..." She sighed. "I'm sorry-"

"Sorry doesn't cut it- at least not anymore." I spat. I ran. Fast. Hard. Away from here. In my shadow, a person loomed over me.

"Going somewhere, Brother?" Asked a voice.

I inhaled sharply. How... Was it... Possible. Was it even possible?

"Liam?" I said.

"An oath. Think I could really break an oath? Think I really died?" Liam demanded.

"Liam-"

"Annabeth worked with me. She kissed Nico once. And you don't know what we did." He smiled coldly, as if enjoying the thoughts. "We made out a couple of times. Did some stuff. She hoped you were gone for good."

"No." I said, but I could hear the bitterness and doubt in my voice. "She wouldn't."

"Oh, she would," laughed Liam. "Now run off to Artemis. Before you go to Tartarus again."

I ran out of camp. For good, I decided. Annabeth and I were done. Officially.

POV: Artemis

I tossed a stick in the fire bitterly. I had felt something stir. With Percy. He had Annabeth. I tried to tell myself it wouldn't happen, but it was useless.

"Milady," Thalia approached me, uneasily. "Are you ok?"

"I sense... Something's wrong with our guardian of the moon..." I trailed off. The disturbance was growing. "Some- things wrong with Percy." I stood quickly. "He's in pain."

"What?" Thalia asked.

"Our emotions are connected, still. I didn't fully remove him from his oaths in hope..." I said. "I'm glad I didn't."

I flashed away, hoping he was ok. I found him, sitting in an alley in the rain. His hood was up. I approached him slowly. Yep, definitely him. Blue hoodie with a sea turtle on it. His black hair covered his eyes. His head was bowed, and I saw a ghostly spirit in front of him.

"Percy, I'm sorry," said the spirit. I recognized her. Sally Jackson.