11 Encaged

Percy

"Now I know what I said, the deal. I get you for Nico. Well now you're extremely powerful." Polybotes paced in front of me. I was buried in a wall, and Nico was knocked out cold.

"It was a deal-"

"I didn't swear on the River Stykes." Polybotes pointed out.

I started cursing myself. I'm a fool!

"So now, I get both of you. Should have made me swear on the Stykes."

"You b-"

"Hush, Jackson. I'll get the rest of your friends, too. Thalia... Grover... Jason.... And even Leo, Piper, Hazel, Annabeth, and Frank. Clarisse.... Chris." Polybotes said.

"You.... Are.... Evil...." I said in a strained voice.

"Oh, boy," he said. "I know." He raises his fists and hit me in the head, knocking me out. I would be here forever. I would die. And Nico would too.

"Percy!" I saw Artemis and 2 others who I couldn't make out their face though I knew were Thalia and Phoebe running through the woods. They were calling my name.

"He's here somewhere..." Artemis said. A tear traced her cheek.

"Lady Artemis-"

"Hush. Look. Footprints." Artemis said.

"9 people?" Asked Thalia.

"One has to be PERCY." Artemis said, hope in her voice.

"Maybe with 8 more people they found him," Thalia attempted to sound optimistic for Artemis' sake, but it wasn't her strong point.

I woke with a start. I was cold, shirtless, and my body ached.

"He wakes!" Yelled Polybotes happily.

"Don't touch me. Or Nico. I'm more powerful than all of you." I said

"Shut up, broken hero." Polybotes laughed.

"I'm not broken." I stated dryly.

"Only on the inside." Polybotes chuckled.

"The only way to be broken is on the inside." I argued. "Truly broken, anyways."

"You can be physically broken. Here, let me show you." He stomped forward, a club in his hands.

"Don't. Touch. Me." I said darkly. Looking over my shoulder, I saw Nico in my cell with me. Right as Polybotes knocked over the bars, I drew Riptide and stabbed it into his hand with all my strength.

He howled, but quickly recovered. "I forgot to disarm you?" He laughed again, and picked me up.

"I. Said. Don't. Touch me." My last 2 words were filled with rage. I started punching his fingers. Somehow lightning reached Tartarus- or wait, no? That was coming from my hands. I grabbed his hand, holding on as it zapped him. Suddenly Zeus's giant came in. He zapped me back into the cell and regrew the bars- except now they were crackling with electricity. They looked like Zeus's master bolt.

Nico suddenly jumped up with such haste, he began coughing up blood. I went over to help him, and noticed his scars. Not as ugly as my old ones, but still... I was struck with anger. I turned back to Polybotes, when he shot some kind of arrows made of water at me. They sent me flying against the back wall. I crumbled to the floor.

"Leave us be." I said. He shoots 7 more arrows. I ignored them as they stabbed my back. He left, leaving nothing behind but a bellowing laugh.

2 days later

Nico and I have been greatly tortured. when I could I took arrows or spears for him.

I heard a mixture of yelps.

One sounded human... Or demigod.

Others sounded like monsters and the Giants. I stood, and Nico ran to the corner. I heard echoes and footsteps.

Liam emerged from the hallway into the torched room.

"Percy!" He yelled.

A giant snuck up behind him.

"Liam watch out!" I yelled.

But it was too late. Polybotes grabbed him by the neck.

"Son of Poseidon." Polybotes observed.

In Tartarus he returns
The 3rd time to make a turn
The other will do it for a friend
His life will sadly utterly end
An oath he'll break
And death enclose
The Son of Poseidons death endured

The other... The other son of Poseidon? He'll do it for a friend...

Suddenly some of the lines made sense.

It was my 3rd time in Tartarus. To make a turn.

The other will do it for a friend. His life will sadly utterly end...?

"Percy..." Said Liam, strained. "Don't turn! Don't be like me. Turn to... Turn... Turn..." He blacked out.

"Polybotes." I gritted my teeth. I grabbed the electrified bars, and all of it plunged into my body, but I didn't even wince. It charged me. All of the electricity in the bars charged into me, until they were just metal bars. I used a newfound strength and bent the bars so I could get through. I took out Riptide, and Nico stumbled out.

"Stay away from Nico." I yell.

"Hm? Ok." Polybotes laughed.

I ran and stabbed him in the gut. Waves roared out of the walls. Lightning struck Polybotes, and dead zombies began attacking him.

Liam yelled. I turned, and saw a huge spear heading towards me. Suddenly, Liam jumped in front of me. It impaled him... Right in the lungs.

"Liam!" I yelled.

"You broke your oath! Your oath to torture him!" Screamed Hades giant.

"THATS RIGHT I DID. HES PERCY. I WAS ALWAYS JEALOUS OF HIM. I DIDNT HAVE POWERS!" Yelled Liam. I ran to him.

He was coughing up blood. I sat him against the wall.

"Percy... In Tartarus he returns
The 3rd time to make a turn
The other will do it for a friend
His life will sadly utterly end
An oath he'll break
And death enclose
The Son of Poseidons death endured" he said. "Your 3rd time. I'm the other. I saved you (my friend) and will die because of it. I broke an oath. I'm dying, Percy." He said. "This is a major prophecy. About you and I. It's over now." He said. He wheezed.

"You'll die?" I asked.

"Yes..." He said sadly. "Percy, I was always jealous of you. I'm sorry for what I did. It was my oath..."

"Liam..." I said.

"It's a short major prophecy. Defeat the Giants again. You can. With Nico's help. And go through that door- right there. Follow the steps, you'll be back in the real world." He pointed to a dungeon door.

"Liam. Thank you... I don't know how to ever repay you-"

"Forgive me." He said.

I had tears in my eyes. I Paused. "I forgive you."