14 Percy, King of Giants

Artemis

I watched Nico carry Percy into camp this morning. Though he was unconscious, I was happy as a lark. With some healing from the hunters and some of the campers, he was stable in a few minutes. That's when I noticed something- on his back..

"Broken hero?" I murmured. It was tattooed in Greek, and looked faded.

"They did that," Nico informed me. "It won't go away."

I looked at Percy's precious, sleeping face.

"Percy Jackson, you've done it again." I breathed. I raised my voice. "Girls, go prep for Capture the Flag. I'll do some further doctoring."

The hunters left the cabin. As soon as I felt it was safe, I smiled upon him.

"Percy," I said. His eyes fluttered open. He jumped up.

"I-I-"

"You defeated Polybotes and Alcyoneus." I smiled. "Percy Jackson, King of Giants."

"That's..." He shook his head.

The door swung open, and Annabeth barged in. I frowned, as Percy hugged her, and kissed her.

"Zeus has given you that title." I said.

"Percy Jackson King of Giants?" He asked, his arms still around Annabeth.

"Yes." I said. Why did it bother me that they were together?

"Wow..." After a long pause he said, "I'll go protect the hunters." He turned into a wolf and left.

"Next week we go to Camp Jupiter. We have to leave soon." I said to Annabeth.

"He can't leave..." She looked sad.

"He must." I decided. With that I walked past her and left, giving her a could shoulder.