10 The Guardian

Artemis

I immediately ordered the hunters to set out and find him, everything was going wrong! I couldn't lose him- not the guardian of the hunt. His face kept flashing, forcing me to hallucinate.

Everybody was splitting up. He had only been with us 2 weeks, but he'd adapted so firmly. He told the little ones stories, and sang beautiful songs. He'd Summoned them candy for supper. I could see his warm smile, his dazzling beautiful eyes.

It was nice to have a man in the hunt.

Wait, what am I saying?

I shook my head. Percy was the guardian, and he was strong willed. He had Annabeth.

I notched an arrow as we scouted the woods. I could see footsteps in quick sand, and Phoebe, Thalia and I stayed out of it. Suddenly someone ran past us. His hood was up, and he had on a red mask.

"Hey! Stop!" Thalia yelled. He ignored us. Probably just a camper that's trying to escape Clarisse or Chris.

Sure enough, Clarisse and Chris both came up.

"Where is he?!" She demanded.

Chris had a guilty look on his face. He was pale and his eyes looked red.

"Chris, are you ok?" Thalia asked.

"The boy with red hood?" I asked.

"Yes," said Clarisse in a rushed tone.

"That way." I pointed down the path. Clarisse began running.

"This isn't good," Phoebe said.

I sigh. "Nope. That boy I think was Liam."

We couldn't lose him.

He was the guardian.

The best.