24 Heartbreak

Percy

I awoke with a start.

I looked around, and breathed in the air of Camp Half-Blood.

Was all that a dream?

I looked over. 3:30 am.

I sat up, and swung my legs over my bedside, my head in my hands. I shook my head. I prayed it was just a dream.

I wondered how hard sneaking out would be? I peaked out the window and saw a clear path to Athena Cabin.

Cabin 6. A straight shot, if I played my cards right. Cross quickly, stay on the backside walls...

I debated my options for a minute before throwing on a black coat over my shirtless chest and some dark jeans. I threw the hood up. Dreams mean things...

I needed Annabeth, I needed to talk to her and spend time with her. I quickly looked around and then opened the doorway carefully, sticking my head out. Coast clear. Haha. Coast. Okay, not funny Percy.

I made a quick dash up against the outside wall of my cabin. I didn't see anybody. Strange.

No guards, no Ares kids sneaking out. What the heck? I carefully maneuvered my way around without being caught, and made it to the Athena cabin. I made my way over to the window closest to Annabeths bunk, and checked the locks. It was open. She usually kept it unlocked, just in case I needed her. I carefully slid it up. It squeaked slightly. I'd have to remind her to oil it later.

I opened it enough to stick my head in.

"Annabeth, psst," I said. I stuck my hand in the window and nudged her. When that didn't work, I playfully pushed her head over. Annabeth looked up, startled.

"What the heck Percy?" Annabeth whispered groggily.

"I need to talk to you," I said. Annabeth gave me a death look before looking beside her at her alarm clock.

"It's 3:30," Annabeth groaned. "Can this not wait?"

"I don't know, and can you stop being so difficult?" I asked. Annabeth shot me another death glare. "I might be scared of that, but you just look too damn beautiful when you do it to scare me off."

Despite the darkness, I could still see her smile.

"Alright..." She said. Ha. My smoothness must've convinced her.

Annabeth got up slowly, careful not to make any noise. Somebody rustled across the room, breaking the still silence. She froze. After a long minute, she lifted herself out of bed and to the window.

"Help me up," She said as she pushed up the window.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yep," She said determined.

"That's my girl," I smirked. I saw her smile in the darkness.

Annabeth slowly pulled herself up and I helped her out of the window. She slowly closed it behind her.

"Alright, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said. "And if I get in trouble for this, you're going down with me."

"I'll always go down with you," I winked at her. She gasped and somewhat laughed and punched my arm. I felt my cheeks redden as we slowly crept and snuck back to my cabin.

Finally once we were inside in the safety of the walls of my cabin, I turned to her, and ran my hands through my hair. "Annabeth, I just had this dream and I just..."

I sighed and bowed my head. She rushed over to me and engulfed me in a huge hug. "What is it?" She asked.

"Liam was there, saying you were in love with him, and that you hoped I didn't show back up and-"

Annabeth kissed me to cut me off.

"Percy," Annabeth said slowly as we pulled away. "I know you might not trust me, but really, trust me when I say this. Nico was a rebound. And none of that ever happened. I was so devastated with you gone. If you were gone and I wanted Nico, I would've stopped looking. I love you."

I smiled at her.