Chapter Two

Edited: 29th August 2014

Song: Room To Breathe by You Me At Six

I got home and told Mya everything as soon as I saw her. I think she fangirled as well. Her expression was the same as mine. I think she squealed or yelled with me. When we stopped jumping, I was out of breath; Mya looked like she was as well. ‘You lucky cow!’ She signed.

“I KNOW!” I yelled. ‘When do you think he’ll text you?’ “Soon I hope.” I smiled at sat down on the sofa, cuddled up in my rabbit onesie with my favourite teddy; Harry. He was my Great Grandmothers teddy from back after the war. So it means a lot to me and my family, even if they aren’t here. 

Mya got up to get her laptop; I’m guessing she’s too tired of signing for me all day. I felt sorry for her. For having to stick with me. I’ve told her countless times that she can leave whenever she wants. I’m prepared for that. But she said she wouldn’t. She told me that she couldn’t do that at all, just leaving me here on my own trying to keep living on my own. 

Mya turned on the laptop and opened up Microsoft Word 2010. She typed away as fast as lightening. ‘What do you think of Ed then ;)’was what she put. Was it really necessary for the winky face? “Shut up, I don’t like him that way. He’s cute and everything but he just seems like a cool friend.” I shrugged. She typed away again. ‘Riiiight. So you say so ;)’ I sighed before flopping back on the sofa. “if anything, his friend from that boy band is mighty fine.” I let out a chuckle. Mya’s eyes grew wide. ‘YOU MEAN ONE DIRECTION?!?’  I nod cautiously, moving slowly away from her… she can scare me sometimes. Her mouth opened up and I’m guessing she squealed or something like that. 

You bitch! You never told me you liked them! I love them! Who do you like?’ She put. 

“Harry.” I said simply. Her smile turned into a grin. ‘Awe you two would be so adorable!'

‘You would be too if you knew!’ my god she is so dramatic. 

For the rest of the day we messed around with the occasional pillow fight and break to get food. My food. As I climbed into bed I just hoped that the memory wouldn’t come back. Oh but it did.

*The dream*

“GET DOWN!” a voice boomed around the shop where I and my family were. It was a really nice jewellery store; we were shopping for my older brother’s wedding rings. He was 20 then. His wife was the same age. Me and my twin sister were busy messing around, pointing out all the types of nice blue earrings. 

Scared out of my wits, I fell onto the floor into a ball. A man with a ski mask came up to me and my family. He grabbed my brother by the hair, “you. Go get all the phones from everybody and smash them up.” The man seethed with a Scottish ascent. 

“No!” James, my brother protested. What was he doing?! All eyes in the store were turned to face the scene of the interruption of the robbery.

“YOU LITTLE SHIT! I’M GIVING YOU ONE LAST CHANCE BEFORE I BLOW OUT YOUR BRAINS!” The same man threatened. He pulled out a gun from his pocket with his free hand. The took away the safety lock and put it against James’ head. 

“No! Please don’t!” I yelled out in shock. My heart sped up fast and tears travelled out my eyes, fearfully. He put down James and strolled over to where I was. Chloe, my sister, sat next to me and my parents were to my left. Chloe was trembling in her small frame. Even if we were twins, we looked nothing alike, but we were as close as possible.