chapter 54

Lucy's P.O.V

He hit me. Twice. Yet a bloody gain. The first hit was against my hand but the other one was to my face. I couldn't believe him! Yes, he was drunk, but he had no right to do that. At the moment, I'm pertched back against a random cupboard, a hand held to my cheek. It was going to bruise for sure. 

I look through the tears in my eyes to see him on the floor, not moving. Oh God, I haven't killed him, have I? He looks to be breathing but I'm not so sure. It's still too dark to tell. I stand up and walk over to him, earning a beer can to my foot. Ouchie. 

Why did he do this to himself? I've never thought he would be a person who drinks when they're upset. There's no point in thinking about this now. I need to get him to bed. 

I crouch down and tuck my arms under his arm pits. I try lift him up but, he's just too heavy for me to carry. I hope you like being dragged, Haz. I start dragging him across the room muttering constant 'sorry''s when he hits something. 

Finally, we're in the bedroom and I chuck the top half of him onto the bed, then I push his legs up. After that, he get tucked in like a little baby. Naww, he's so cute when he sleeps.

What am I going to do with him? He has hurt me four times already. Three to many chances, I've given him. He's only violent when something is wrong. And I wont know that until he wakes up. Then, he's going to go balistic when he see's what he did. 

I walk to the overly large bathroom and switch on the light. Ah! Too bright! I repeat, too bloody bright! I find my way to the mirror as my eyes adjust and soon, I can see again. 

Who's that beast looking at me? She copies what I do. She moves at the same time I do and when I cry, she cries. But you can't tell her emotions just by looking at her. You have to get to know her and when she finally opens up, you must let her trust you. Brake the fragile trust and you'll be gone forever.

I had a growing red hand mark underneath my eye and by morning, I know that red will be purple. I want to go back to bed. I want to sleep. But I can't. I don't want to be in the same room as Harry at the moment. I could camp on the sofa, but it wont be as comfortable. I just need someone to talk to. Someone who I haven't had a chat with in a while. Someone who I can trust.

I've got it! I flick off the light and walk back into the kitchen. Eh, I should clean up in here. But it's not my mess. Or my house. Harry can clean it up later. I pick up my phone and dial Ed's number. I just hope he answers.

One ring.... two rings..... three rings....four ri-

"Hello." A tired and hoarse voice answered.

"Hey, E-Ed. It's Lucy." Wow... His voice. I haven't heard it before. It seems so weird. It's a lovely voice though. Perfect and it suits him.

"Lucy?!" He sounds more awake now. "What... why are you calling at this time of night? Have you seen the time? It's so late." He rambles on. 

"Yeah, yeah whatever." I brush the topic to the side. "I need to talk to someone." I open the balcony doors and step into the cold, crisp London air.

"At three in the morning?" He asks as if I'm stupid.

"Yes. Just forget the time. I thought we needed to catch up." I roll my eyes.

"At three in the morning?" He asks again.

"Ed!" I exclaim. 

"Fine, I'm sorry. So how have things been? I heard what has been going on and let me just say, I am truely sorry. That Julia lady and Darren kid are completely out of order. If there is anything you need, I'm here." He rambles on.

"Thank you for that. But this isn't why I'm calling. I... Harry and I had a fight. Or, well, he got drunk for some reason and hit me around the face." My voice starts breaking at the end.

"Oh my god, Lucy! That's horrible! Are you okay? Where is he now?" Ed asks.

"I'm okay I think. My cheek is really sore though. I kind of dragged Harry back to his room after he passed out." I say.

"Okay. He doesn't normally drink. Do you have any idea why he would do that?" 

"Apart from the total obvious, the stress and pressure, nope. No idea." 

"I missed your witty attatuide." I could basically hear the grin he is wearing. "Just stay away from him for a few days. Come to my place and we can catch up on everything. I really miss my little superstar." Ah crap. The guilt trip.

"And I really miss my ginger ninja." I joke back. But I do, I do miss him. 

"I'll pick you up around 10?" He asks. 

"Jesus, early bird. Make it 11, I might actually be awake then." Gah, morning people. Hate them all. So happy too early. There should be a law that you are not allowed to get up before 11.

"Lazy arse. Fine, 11. See you later." He said.

"Night!" I say and hang up. Lovely Jubbly. Now that's sorted, I can sleep! 

I find a random blanket and settle myself down on the sofa. As soon as the throbbing dials down, I fall asleep.