Chapter Thirty Six

eDiTeD

Song: Yeah Boy and Doll Face by Pierce The Veil

Julia's POV (eh, why not?)

Those two kids need to get it on soon or else I will have to find a way to get Dan over here. I didn't actually plan getting Harry, he just came here. I was going to just give Lucy to some random person to make babies with. Is it bad that I think I'm going crazy? Yeah, I do get people to have it with one another and I'm just going to stop there. Crap, that makes me sound like such a pedophile...

Just..

Eh, it's the 21st centenary. Society is messed up and the world is in debt with itself. 

"Lily! Bed time!" I shouted to wherever the girl was. 

"Yeah?" She yells back and comes running from the garden.

"Bed time sweetie." I tell her and she whines. She hates going to bed. She wakes up randomly crying and I still don't know why. She won't tell me and whenever I try and get her to speak to someone she just stays quiet. 

"Can't I stay up longer?" Her voice was quiet again, scared, almost. 

"What's up, honey? Why don't you like going to bed?" I ask but she just backs away and drops her head down. "Please, tell me." 

"It's fine. Let's go." She nearly whispers and heads for the stairs. I may not be her biological mother, but I can tell when somethings wrong. It's like a radar that parents have and it goes off when somethings up. And my radar is going crazy.

I follow her upstairs and wait for her to finish brushing her teeth. Once she's done, we go into her room and I tuck her into bed. I kiss her goodnight but before I could shut the door she stops me. 

"Mummy?" She asks and I flick on the small lamp next to the door.

"Yes baby?" 

"Why are Lucy and that boy next door? I want to play dollies with Lucy again." Lily asks ever so sweetly. Oh crap crap crappie crap.

"They were naughty and had to be sent there." I lie. God, I'm such an awful person! How can I lie to a child?!

"Like I was when I  bit Granny?" She asked and I nodded.

"Something like that." I muttered. "Now, night baby." I attempt to shut the door but, yet again, I'm interrupted.

"Wait, Mummy!" She says quickly. I sigh and push the door open again. 

"Yes?"

"Where's my daddy?" Oh for goodness sakes! Why does she have to ask that question?! She has never brought up Danny before, so why now?

"He..." God, Julia! Think of something! "He's away.... he's fighting in the war." I lie even more. 

"Will I ever see him again"? 

"Maybe, baby,  maybe." She hears him everyday more or less on TV singing. She just doesn't know it's him. Anyway, I can't tell her that Danny O' Donoghue is her dad! She'll tell people at school and they'll tell people, it'll just spread like wildfire. 

"Okay, night mummy." She says and I flick off the lamp then shut the door. 

I press my ear up to Lucy's room and only hear silence. That's kind of good right? I mean, they could be sleeping. Or gone. Nah, the window hasn't got an opening for them to get through and the door is bolted up tight.

The land line phone downstairs rings and I have to rush to get it. What does he want now?

"Good evening." His voice rings through my ears.

"Hello," I pant.

"How is she?" I gulp.

"She's got another companion." I say and sit down on the sofa.

"Oh, and who is that now?" 

"Her boyfriend." 

"The more the merrier." He bemused. "Have they started yet?"

"Well, uh, you see..." I say nervously.

"YOU ONLY HAVE 5 DAYS LEFT FOR HER TO GET PREGNANT OR ELSE I SWEAR TO GOD, JULIA, YOU WILL PAY!" His voice shook the phone and made my stomach churn.

"I know, I know Simon. I'm trying. I really am, I've threatened them and all sorts. But it's only been two days, we need them to actually think there's no hope of getting out with out actually doing it." I tell him, trying to sound confident. 

"5 days, Julia, or else I'm coming for you." He decides to threaten me now. I roll my eyes but can't help but feel queasy and uneasy.

"Okay, Simon. You don't have to come for me, she'll be ready by then. Trust me." I say.

"Good night," 

"Bye." I hang up and flop back on the settee.

QOTC: Favourite breed of dog? (HUSKY'S ARE SO CUTE)