Chapter Nine

Edited: 29th August 2014

Song: Lost In Stereo by All Time Low

The day after the date, Harry was allowed a day off the recording to take a break and rest his voice. I wanted to spend the day with him but I had my first interview. To be honest, I am so scared. I don’t want to make a mistake and look stupid in front of the world…damn! I’m so paranoid! I was up early, with Mya, and dressed at 10:00. The interview is at 12:30 and we have to be there at 11:30 to make sure all the makeup and clothing is done and ready. Also my manager wants to make me have a run through on what’s going to happen.

When we arrive at the studio, we are quickly ushered into a room where I get covered in makeup and changed into a really nice outfit. It was some cyan blue skinny jeans, a baggy top and a pair of green converses. This is the kind of thing I like to wear. I’m not one of those people who always wear dresses and skirts with high heels. In fact, I hate that kind of outfit. I think I’m just self-conscious or something like that.

Mya was dressed in shorts and a nice creamy top with a cardigan over the top. She has to be next to me in the interview so the stylist decided that she should have a nice outfit as well.

Now, its 3 minutes before we go on stage. I haven’t seen my manager and I’m just so scared. The crowd looks friendly but I’m not sure if they are or not. For all I know they could be planning to throw tomatoes at me on stage- no! I can’t think like that! I mentally facepalm myself.

Closing my eyes, I take a few deep breaths. I need more time to get ready! I’m not in the slightest bit ready! Grr. I hate life sometimes! But before I know it, I’m being pushed out on stage with Mya behind me. I stand there, shocked for a few seconds looking around at the audience who seem to be clapping and cheering.

I gave them a little wave and hop over to the sofa. Mya sat next to me and was looking as nervous as me. I gave her a reassuring smile and the interviewer turned to her and said some words which Mya translated into sign for me. “Hello! How are you?” Mya signed to me.

“I’m good thank you, and you?” I say politely as I can.

Awe, you are nice. I’m good thank you. Now, about your album. It’s really good! It’s reached number 1 on iTunes. And your song ‘one I needed’ is perfect. We can guess were you got the inspiration from.” Mya translated and the interviewer winked at me. I blushed and they both grinned at me.

“Well thank you anyway.” I laughed.

How’s it going with Harry?” I was asked.

“It’s perfect, thank you. We are so happy together and I love him with all my heart.” I smile to myself.It looked like the audience cooed or even clapped. I blushed at the support I was getting and looked at the floor. Maybe this isn’t as bad as I thought. I looked back up and Mya had started translating something.

-okay. I hope you stay together forever. You two are so cute.” Mya went off.

“Thank you. I hope so too. I can’t thank everyone enough for all the support they’ve given us. Yes, there has been hate on twitter – heck! I don’t even have Twitter! But I’ve ignored it because there’s no point in moping around. You only have one chance at life, do you really want to spend it hating somebody you’ll never meet than enjoying it and living to the fullest and achieving your dreams?” I said from my heart. The interviewer smiled at me and Mya put a thumbs up at my answer.

The rest of the interview was spent answering questions from fans in the audience and talking about the future. The interview finished within 30 minutes thankfully. I can’t stand being on TV. It’s horrible knowing that millions of people are watching this and if you make one mistake then it can haunt you forever.