Chapter Twenty

Edited: 29th August 2014

Song: If You Don't Know by 5 Seconds Of Summer

Dedication: PaperTowns_in_Alaska for voting a lot! 

Harry's POV

Her eyes were open. They looked around confused and lost. Then they landed on me. She smiled at me. Tears masked the eyes I fell in love with. Louis pushed me over to her bed, carefully, and stopped when we reached her. I sat there, staring, crying, overjoyed, happy. My hand moved to hers and held it softly. 

"You're awake." I whisper and wipe away a tear with my casted arm. At first she's quiet. She stares for a few moments later then a small hoarse voice summons.

"You're here." She squeaks. I smile at her and lean into her. I place a soft gentle kiss on her cheek and pull away. 

"So I am." I chuckle and let the tears keep falling from my eyes. 

"Please don't cry." She whispers and tries to sit up. Her face scrunches up in pain. "Owchie." She mutters. 

"You okay there, baby girl?" I ask frantically. Lucy nods slowly. 

"I'm fine." She replies and snuggles back into the stiff hospital bed. I smile at how much of a fighter she is. Her whole life, has been spent fighting and now it's time for her to take a break. 

"I love you so much." I mumble and hug her. She wraps an arm around me and tries her best at hugging back. I hear a sniffle and look at her. "What's the matter? Princess should never cry." 

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear you say that." She sobs. I cup her face with my good hand and use my thumb to brush away each tear. "I love you too." I press my lips softly to her dry and cracked ones. 

"Don't ever leave me again." I mumble against her lips. 

"Never." She whispers back. I pull away and sit back in my chair, taking hold of her hand again. Mya comes and sits down on the other side of the bed. Lucy gives her a weak smile. 

"I missed you." Mya tells her. Lucy is silent again. Processing her voice? 

"I missed you too." She replies moments later with a small smile. "It's good to finally hear your voice after 6 years, ya know?" She chuckles. Mya laughed shortly.

"Yeah, I know. Do you think we'll still sign to each other?" Mya asks, sounding sad. 

"Every now and then." Lucy smiled at her. "It wouldn't be the same with out it, would it?" 

"Very -"

"LOOK WHO'S HERE!" A British accent that I recognized very well entered the room. We all turn around and face the ginger singer, Ed Sheeran. 

"Hey Ed!" Lucy says. 

"Lucy! I've heard everything that's happened! And let me say, I'm just glad you can hear again." Ed says then pulls out a bouquet of flowers from behind his back. He walks over to the bed and sits down at the end. 

"Oh, Ed! Their lovely." She smiles at him and I can't help but feel jealous. Why is he here in the first place? No one's told him anything. I haven't spoken to him for weeks!

"I spent quite a while trying to find the perfect ones for this type of occasion. The bakery didn't exactly have a cake saying "Yay congratulations! You've woken up from a coma and got your hearing back!"" He says, making Lucy giggle.

"Well, Ed, thanks for stopping by!" I wave him off. I know he's after my girl. I've seen it from the start and I can't have him charming her! I am the one who she's supposed to be with. She can't ever leave me for him. I wont exactly be chuffed about it. Ed, Mya and Lucy gave me strange looks. 

"But he's only just got here!" Lucy exclaimed. "And I haven't seen him in a while, why should he leave now?" 

"...Okay.... he can stay." I choke out. I look down at mine and Lucy's entwined fingers. I look at how perfectly they fit together. Like bread and butter. Like Niall and food. Like Boris Johnson and hobnobs. 

Everyone breaks off into conversation as I'm left there, in my own devices. They completely forgot about me. They don't include me or talk to me, so I just sit there. I look over to Niall and Louis who were talking to each other. I sigh and lean back. I wonder what she thinks of my voice? Does she think it's good or is it too horrible and low? I've been told a lot by haters that my voice is just stupid and too low. It makes me really upset. I mean, I can't exactly change my voice! What am I suppose to do? Go mute?

When Ed finally decides to leave, it's time for me and Mya to go home as well. Visiting times were up and I was gutted. Lucy's first day of being able to hear again and she spent most of it talking to Ed. Did she forget I was there?

I kiss Lucy on the forehead and Louis wheels me back to the car where we all sit in silence. Sometimes, silence is golden. To those with a busy life, or children, silence isn't very common. 

We get home and I storm off to my room, upset. I know I act like a little kid but I honestly didn't care. Though, I'm not the youngest in the house now, I am use to acting like it. 

Later that evening, Zayn comes into my room with a plate of fish and chips and a drink of Coke. "I heard that Lucy woke up." He said, setting the tray down next to me on the bed. The he sat down at the end of the bed. 

"Yeah..." I trail off.

"What's the matter? Isn't this a good thing?" He asks, confused. 

"It's brilliant. But..." I lean over and eat a chip.

"But what? She's your girlfriend. What's changed?"

"The only thing that has changed is that she can hear again. However, earlier, at the hospital, Ed came along and those two basically talked to each other like there isn't enough time in the world. They all completely forgot about me and I was just sat there like an awkward potato." I spilled to him. 

"Oooooooh! I see." Zayn smirked. 

"What?" 

"You are totally jealous of him!" He exclaimed and I shh-ed him.

"Quiet! I am not jealous of Ed! It's only Ed. We're like besties." 

Zayn grinned like a mad man. "Ed is the ginger sex god, Harry, and you know it. You just don't want to come off jealous because you can't admit that he's going after Luce." 

"Seriously, sex god?" I asked and he shrugged. "I know he's going after Lucy and I need to stop it before he takes her away for good!

QOTC: WHAT TEAM?