Chapter Twenty Two

Edited: 29th August 2014

Song: Just Keep Breathing by We The Kings

Lucy's POV

"No no no no no no! You can't be! I have no family left! They all left me! They abandoned me! Stop messing around. Who hired you to do this? This is just sick! Get out! Get out now! Just leave me alone!" I sob as loud as I could. "Please." My voice, small and almost defeated. 

"I want to make it up to you!" Julia exclaims. "I want to make up every birthday, every Christmas, every celebration so you and I can be a family again." Her eyes search mine for some sign of hope. 

"You left me!" I cried out. "When I was on my own! Being beaten, hit, kicked and bullied every bloody day for six years until I was kicked out. And no one ever came for me." My voice like venom. "Do you know how many hours I spent, sat at the door, looking out the window, waiting for some sign of family or rescue to come and save me?" Julia cried slightly. She buried her head into her hands and sobbed. 

"And I regret that so much. I wanted to get you out of there so badly but I couldn't bring myself to it. The family hated you. If I took you in, we would've been disowned." She wailed. 

"So you would rather me be beaten to death then be kicked out the family?" I shot back at her. "That is sickening. Get out of here now or else I'll call the police." I spat. 

"With what phone?" She asked looking around. "If you haven't forgotten, you are in a hospital bed after just waking up from a coma."

"And you've forgotten that I've got a button which calls a nurse in whom can call the police." I said with confidence.

"You'd really call the fuzz on your auntie? If anything I'm not the sick one here you are! I'm here now! What is the problem?" 

"The problem is," I stared into her eyes, hoping she'll back away, "you weren't there then. I don't need you here now. I bet you are only here for the money. Now that I've become famous, got myself a brilliant boyfriend, you want to come back and take my money." She leaned back, like a deer caught in the headlights. "Busted." I added for effect. 

"You've got to give us another chance. I don't want the money. I want you to be in the family again. We miss you. One chance. One shot. If you don't like it then you can leave again and never return. We won't bother you ever again." Her eyes pleaded and dug into my heart. She's family.

But she abandoned you!

She returned though.

Just a little too late!

One shot and then their gone.

You never even knew the woman until ten minutes ago!

The more reason to let her have a chance.

"One more shot and if you mess up or stab me behind my back then that's over. Got it?" I said and looked down to Lily who was swinging her legs back and forth in the chair, not a care in the world. I wish my life was still like that. It'll be easy to make a mistake as a child because you're able to forget it and no one will ever judge you because; at the end of the day you're just a child. 

"Thank you so much! I promise you won't regret it!" She hugged me. I stayed still. This relationship isn't in the hugging zone yet.

Julia reluctantly left after that and I was able to sleep. The next morning, Harry, Mya and Niall arrived with smiles on their faces. Harry had bought me a beautiful bunch of flowers with little silver butterflies in. Also, he bought me a packet of oreo's! See, this is why I love him.