Chapter 32

12:00am

Rogue stood alone in the main room. Staring at the desk she use to own. The memories coming back to her. The talks. The orders. Everything. Back when it was just Rogue, Belle, Snake Eyes, Fox, and Raven. She remember throwing a fit about The Hounds breaking in. Everything she had done as the Black Widow's leader.

"Take what's rightfully yours"

Rogue looked back at a very much awake Cameron Dallas. Leather jacket, white v-neck t-shirt, ripped jeans, white high tops. Arms crossed as he leaned casually against the hall way frame. No smirk. No raised eyebrow. She crossed her arms jetting out her hip. Being the sassy ass she is.

"Why? So I can be like you?"

"So that's it then"

"That's what then?"

"Why you gave it up"

She remained silent staring back at him.

"You gave it up because you don't want to be like me" he added

"Yeah you treated us all like shit" she replied, "I shot Skate in the foot to keep that from happening again. I will do anything to keep it from happening again. Including giving what I started up."

"So who are you going to give it to?" Cameron asked, "Slay? She can't lead a group like this."

"I don't care I'm keeping myself away so no one else gets hurt"

"So your afraid"

"I'm not afraid of anything"

"Then go ahead!" he motioned towards the desk, "take it if your not afraid"

"No Cameron"

"C'mon Rogue you pussy take it"

"Stop!"

"This is what you've become!" He yelled, "the Rogue I knew feared nothing"

"I'm not the same Rogue"

"Obviously!" he replied, "you're weak"

"I am not!"

"Then go Rogue!" he walked nose to nose with her, "take it! Take the leadership!"

She pushed him back.

"No I will not be you!"

"You think I asked you to be in the Aces because you were like me!"

She opened her mouth to reply, but nothing came out. Cameron stumbled a bit and looked her in the eyes. Rogue's eyebrows knitted together in confusions.

"The reason I brought you in the Aces was to keep me grounded" he added looking at the floor, "soon I became threatened by your progress in the group and I knew Nash wouldn't let me do anything to punish you. That's why the restrictions were put on you girls."

The atmosphere became quiet. Very quiet. Rogue said nothing. She watched Cameron pull out a necklace. It was a necklace he wore to symbolize his leadership in the Aces. The charm was a ace symbol. He examined it before nodding and closing his hand. He looked at Rogue and walked over to her. He grabbed her wrist opening her hand and dropping the necklace into her palm.

"Little did I know when I did that it wasn't my destiny to be the Aces leader anymore" he whispered, "I had made an atomic bomb. Something I thought would help, but then I started trying to restrict it. It exploded in my face."

He looked into her eyes closing her palm. Then, being the unemotional boy he was, he nodded and walked back to his room. Rogue stood with no words able to seep through her mouth. She blinked and raised her hand. Opening her palm the necklace jingled. Her finger tips ran across the charm. She looked back at the desk. The news paper laying on top of it. She strides over and grasped it. The paper crinkling as she opened it. A picture of Skate leading the gang through the streets was on the cover. She licked her lips. Sitting down the newspaper she walked over to the couch and sat down. Still staring at the pendant. She rethought the words of Cameron.

"Then go ahead!" he motioned towards the desk, "take it if your not afraid"

She placed the necklace around her neck and stood when it clicked closed. She heard the thunder of a near by storm as the rain began to beat down on the roof. She stormed over to her desk and sat down in her chair. She leaned back and propped her feet on the desk with a squeak from the chair. She hands resting behind her head.

"Guess who's back?" She whispered as another crack of thunder sounded from the sky

-------------
A/N:
Sorry I haven't updated I promise it's for a good reason. I just have so much going on. During the week I have volleyball and I have travel softball on Saturdays and when I have free time on Sunday I have chores to do. I'm so sorry I will try to update more often. Enjoy bad ass Rogue being back.
-K