Chapter 22

"I need a favor"

Belle's eyes locked with a beaten up, but alive, Shawn. She pushed through her friends and ran to him. Her arms wrapping around his neck as his snaked around her waist. Her eyes began to water as Rogue began to speak.

"No no I will not do anything for a lying, back stabbing, jack ass and your stupid ass friends who've tried to kill us on many occasions" she growled

"Please Rogue-"

"We're rivals not allies I won't go out of my way for your son of a bitch gang"

He could feel his temper rising at her ignorance. She could feel her mind weighing more towards the "pull the trigger" side of the argument in her head. She was angry. Furious was more like it. Her gun was in the same position it was when the conversation started.

"Rogue I'm sorry for wha-"

"You're only sorry because you're afraid"

"Afraid of what?"

"The Grizzlies" she replied, "I know your scared out of your mind because of them. So scared you think you could come down here and give your 'I'm sorry' bull shit speech and think I'd let you stay where if the Grizzlies came and attacked you could use us as your distraction and leave us for dead"

"It's not like that at all"

"Then prove it"

Dillon went to protest, but Rogue shushed him quickly. Cameron looked at her questionably that made her temper rise. She looked at him. The gun following her gaze.

"Yeah that's right you shit bag" she spat, "I want you to prove that's not what's going on here"

"How?" Carter asked

She looked back at Queen Slay and Skate. She could see the wheels turning in Skate's head. He had a idea, and if it was as impressive as what Rogue thinks. She's using it. He stalked up to her and bent down to ear level whispering his idea in her ear. A smirk appeared as she listened. Skate stepped away finishing up and made his way back to his space in the group.

"When the Grizzlies show up at our door, and that could be at any time, you're fighting them off" Rogue explained, "you're staying up half the night on watch, you'll be taking orders from me, and if this is a trap I might just have to blow your brains out"

Cameron gave her a dirty glare. He was Cameron Dallas! Leader of The Hounds and ex-leader of The Aces! He would take orders from no one. Especially a girl! Everyone else on the other hands was slightly happy that Cameron wouldn't be in power. The most happy would be Shawn. He wouldn't be treated so cruelly and his relationship with Belle would be better. He hoped Rogue would let them stay together.

Nash looked at everyone nodding except Cameron. How'd I know, he thought. He kept his stare at Cameron hoping he'd give them a answer. After a minute or two Nash decided to talk.

"Are we doing this or are we dying sometime soon?"

"We could die with them too you know" Cameron retorted, "how can we trust them?"

"You're the one asking for help" Rogue spoke up, "I'm being the better person and giving you an option"

Nash glanced at Rogue before turning back to Cameron. Cameron looked around at his fellow gang members. He thought it over. Protection? Or being a selfish jack ass and basically killing your gang members? He finally stubbornly nodded. Nash smiled slightly before turning to Rogue.

"It's a deal"

Rogue looked at her group. She lowered her gun and walked through the split forming in her allies and friends. Dillon glared at Nash before walking up, getting in his face. Nash returned his look.