Chapter 11

Snake Eyes awoke feeling as crappy as ever. Her head hurt, her nose was sore, her eyes were puffy and barely wanted to stay open. She had been crying for lord knows how long. She lost count after about 3 hours. It was all because of Belle. First, she betrays the gang. Now, she's gone (ok everyone remember that Snake Eyes hasn't come out of her room in a long time so she didn't see Belle in the last chapter). She was fearful for her cousins life. What if she did something stupid? What if she's hurt? Or dead? What if she's with that hound boy? Snake Eyes decided to give up on her thoughts and go get something to eat. She slipped out of her room and silently walked into the kitchen, not wanting to wake her fellow gang members. She walked over to the pantry and opened it to reveal a bag of chips. She sat down and ate as she went over her thoughts. That was when she felt a presence in the doorway. She turned to find Fox leaning against the door frame. Arms crossed, a look of concern on her face.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm just fine"

"We all know you're not"

She shot a confused look at Fox.

"You can't lie to a professional liar"

Snake Eyes sighed and popped a chip in her mouth. Fox joined her at the table. She knew Snake Eyes worried about Belle, and missed her so much. She decided to dance around the subject, but somehow get information to help her feel better.

"I know you miss her" Fox said, "we all do"

"Not Rogue" she looked at Fox, "she said she didn't know whether she could trust Belle to stay here anymore"

"You know how Rogue is"

"This time she meant it Fox"

Fox felt her heart shatter as the broken voice fell from Snake Eyes lips. Tears welling in her eyes. She couldn't believe Rogue spoke so harshly that Snake Eyes believed she wouldn't let Belle come back.

"Look Snake Eyes, Rogue wasn't happy and we all know when she's angry she says things she doesn't mean"

Snake Eyes looked at her. Actually believing what the liar was saying. Something told Snake Eyes that Fox was right. That Rogue was just angry at Belle. That Belle could actually come out, but she still wondered why she had a sickly feeling in the pit of her stomach telling her something bad was about to happen.

----

It was the afternoon when Rogue appeared in the Web office. She sat at her desk and looked through the car catalogs. Snake Eyes had ventured back into her room and Fox went to pick up some things from the store. Raven hadn't been seen in awhile so Rogue assumed she went somewhere to draw. So she was alone. All she had was the TV that stayed on the news, her catalogs, and her thoughts. Why had Belle showed up? Where had she gone? What did she do?

"Rogue"

She looked up to see Snake Eyes. She looked as bad as ever. Hair in every direction, blood shot eyes, dark circles around her eyes. Rogue nearly gasped at the sight of Snake Eyes.

"Snake Eyes what happened to you"

"Nothing, but I need to talk to you"

Rogue turned around and grabbed the tall chair Belle usually sat in and handed it to her. Snake Eyes sat down and looked at her hands.

"What wrong?"

"I'm very scared or maybe even so confused that it's scaring me"

Rogue nodded and urged her to continue.

"I heard you talking to Belle when she tried to apologize"

Rogue felt her heart break. She felt awful about Snake Eyes hearing that.