Chapter 4:The Zoo and Midnight Snacks

Karmen and I decided to walk around New York today. You know, to see what has changed and what hasn't over the past 7 months. Nick and Gatsby are tagging along too, since we all haven't been together in awhile. And to make sure we don't get into any trouble. No promises though.

Me and Karmen decided to match; her wearing a long sleeve black shirt that said 99% unicorn with matching Vans, and me wearing a long sleeve gray shirt that said 99% mermaid with matching Vans. Because we're cool like that.

Once we finished changing, eating, and all that stuff, Gatsby, Karmen, Nick, and I all left out the door. As we walked out, Nick entwined our fingers together. And I couldn't help but smile.
_________________________________________________________

We all wandered the streets together, smiling and laughing. So far, we've just been to random places, nowhere spefic. Like stores and stuff. But, that soon was about to change when I thought of an idea.....

"Can we go to the zoo!?" I asked excitedly. Gatsby turned to me with a slight smile.

"I don't see why not." And as soon as he got the last word out, I was already pulling Nick with me as I ran to the Bronx Zoo, which wasn't far from where we already were.
_________________________________________________________

"Nick! Look!" I exclaimed as I watched the many elephants grazing the land. Nick chuckled and looked on with me.

Gatsby and Karmen had left not too long ago to go look at the turtles, which Karmen forced Gatsby to do. So, that left me and Nick roaming around the zoo, looking at every animal we could find. Well, I could find.

After Nick and I watched the elephants, we started heading in the direction of a gift shop. When we got there and walked inside, the first thing I saw was a giant stuffed panda. It was so cute!!!

I looked to Nick to see he was already looking at me with a smile. "Do you want it?" he asked while glancing at the panda.

I nodded my head rapidly while grinning. "Please?" I added. Nick chuckled and went over to the panda. He picked it up and handed it to the person at the counter. Once the person rang it up, Nick then handed it to me. I smiled at him while hugging the panda close. As we were walking out the door of the gift shop, Nick asked me what I would name it. I shrugged.

"Peter." I said, it sounded more like a question though. Nick looked at me with a slight smile, he then laughed. "Okay, Peter it is then."

Nick then took my hand in his while I held Peter in my left arm. We continued to walk around the zoo for the rest of the day.
_________________________________________________________

We all ended up meeting up with each other in front of the tiger exhibit. Once I saw Karmen, I immediately ran up to her. "Look at Peter!" I exclaimed while holding the stuffed panda in front of her face.

She laughed. "Look at Stripes!" she screamed back at me while holding up a stuffed zebra.

"Nice." I said to her, slightly laughing. After that, we went to the car and headed back to Gatsby's.

Nothing special really happened when we got back to Gatsby's, I just walked to my room and sat Peter next to Gatz on my bed. Because they're homies now. :P

I then walked back down the stairs, not really having a plan on what to do. Once I reached the living room, I saw Gatsby and Karmen cuddled together on the couch asleep. I internally awed at them and made my way to the kitchen.

On the way there, I spotted Carmine. I walked over to him with a smile. "Hi Carmine." He turned and looked at me surprised. "Hello Miss Kelsey. I'm surprised to see that you're still awake. It's almost midnight, you know." he said.

I just stared at him. I didn't even realize it was that late. I then shrugged with a smile. "Then it's the perfect time for a midnight snack."

Carmine chuckled at me. "You have fun with that, Miss Kelsey." I laughed. "Oh I will."

With that, I continued on my way to the kitchen.

When I got there, I spotted Nick right away, sitting in a chair while looking down at his hands. He looked like he was thinking.

"You know, you do that alot." I said to him, interrupting his thoughts. His eyes shot up at me and his face held amusement. "Do what?"

"Think. I can tell you're doing it when you make that face." I respond to him while walking over to the fridge. I hear him slightly chuckle. "I'll have to work on that."

I turn and smile at him then turn back to the fridge. Towards the back, I see a big unopened bag of M&M's. A huge grin came to my face. These are mine now. :)

I take the bag out and close the fridge. Nick noticed the bag in my hands and laughed.

"You're going to share right?" he asked. I looked at him and decided to play oblivious. "With who?" I asked back.

Nick simply shook his head and followed me out the kitchen.
_________________________________________________________

We sat on the porch of Gatsby's house eating the M&M's. We would throw some up in the air and see who could catch them in their mouth. Whenever Nick would throw them, I would hit them out of his direction purposely so he wouldn't get them.

I did this so much that finally Nick just took the whole bag of M&M's from me. "Hey!" I said when he did it. "What?" he said like he didn't do anything.

I tried to stretch and get the bag but he would just lift it out of my reach. I finally stopped trying and just sat there. Until, I got an idea.

I turned and kissed Nick, watching as he got distracted and forgot about the M&M's. When the perfect time came, I broke away from the kiss, grabbed the bag, and ran back inside the house, laughing the whole way. Nick's footsteps could be heard chasing me around the house. But, the M&M's eventually just ended up being spilled on the floor. Oops.
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Midnight snacks thoooo. :P :P :P

~kelso~