Chapter 19:Cereal

My smile never disappeared since when I first woke up. It never disappeared since Nick proposed to me. It was like, everytime I looked down at the ring, my ring, I couldn't help but just grin as wide as I could.

I sat in Karmen's room staring off into space. My mind gently wandered to all the different possibilities of wedding colors.....

After sitting there for about 10 minutes a pillow came soaring at my face, causing me to come out of my daze. I looked to Karmen to see she had a smirk on her face.

"I've been trying to get your attention for the past like.....I don't even know how long!" she said exasperated.

I simply stared at her. "Oh, my bad."

Karmen shook her head. "Anyway, what I wanted to say was, what colors are you doing for the wedding?"

I shrugged. "That's what I was trying to think of before SOMEONE THREW A PILLOW AT MY FACE."

Karmen simply grinned, causing a laugh to escape from me.

Silence passed over for a short time. An idea suddenly appeared in my mind.

"What about gold and white?" I asked aloud.

The look on Karmen's face told me that I had made a good choice.
_______________________________________________________________________

For the next 3 hours, Karmen and I discussed various outfits, decorations, and other things for the wedding. It was pretty fun actually.

Finally, out of the blue, Karmen says, "You know, the wedding, I mean, YOUR wedding, is like 5 months away. We don't have to do this all right now."

"I know, but once that white and gold idea came up, I just couldn't help myself." I said as I looked down at the notes I had that filled up half a notebook.

Karmen laughed. "Yeah, I know what you mean."

A silence passed filled with me aimlessly flipping through the ideas in the notebook.

"So when's your wedding?" I asked Karmen nonchalantly, a little smirk at the corner of my lips.

Karmen scoffed. "To Gatsby? I doubt he would ever ask me to marry him."

My head whipped to her so fast. "Why do you say that?"

Karmen shrugged. "Because it's obvious. Duh."

I had to bite my tongue to keep from telling her anything.

After that I ended the whole topic, just to stay safe. I then got up and headed to the door. "I'm gonna go get a snack."

Karmen nodded. "Okay."

With that I left Karmen's room and headed down the stairs.
_______________________________________________________________________

I stayed downstairs eating my cereal, yes cereal is a snack. They were frosted flakes. :)

Before I finished though, I heard the front door open. I immediately got up upon hearing it.

I was greeted with a smile from Gatsby, and also by him saying, "How are you Mrs.Carraway?" To which I responded with a simple fine and a grin.

"Where's Nick?" I suddenly found myself asking.

"Old sport is at his house. Said he'll be right over. But, you'll probably just go to him."

I nodded. "You're exactly right Gatsby." And with that, I was ou the door. But, on my way out, I turned back to Gatsby.

"You might want to think about proposing to Karmen sometime soon. She's thinks you don't want to marry her."

Before he could respond, I was already out the door.

I knocked on the door, only having to wait 3 seconds for it to open. As soon as it did, my lips met my fiancé's. We stood there in utter silence, a slow breeze passing by. When we finally did break apart, Nick looked into my eyes and asked me.......

"Did you eat cereal?"
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

That ending tho. Smh. Lol. Karmen's outfit is the cat one. ^_^

~kelso~