Chapter 14:Road Trip :P (part 2)

Karmen's POV

"Can you please slow down!?" I ask Gatsby as we sped down the highway. It wasn't like he didn't drive like this all the time though, because he did. It was just he was driving EXTREMELY faster than usual, which is saying something.

"I'm sorry darling, I just want to get there as sooon as possible." Gatsby says apologetically while glancing at me for a second.

"It's okay Gatsby, I like your driving." Kelsey says from the back seat. I turn to see she has a grin on her face. Gatsby chuckles.

We're literally almost to California. By now it's probably only going to take a day to get there. Which makes me really excited!! :D

Right now, Kelsey and Nick were playing tick-tack-toe in the backseat, for what reason I don't know.

"Who's winning?" I asked as I watched them play.

"I am." Kelsey said with a smile. "She's probably cheating." I said to Nick with a smirk. He laughed. Kelsey did a fake gasp.

"I am not! I just have skills." She said with a smug look.

I laughed. "Yeah, you have skills at a children's game. Nice." I said to her.

"You're just mad I can beat you at Monopoly." Kelsey said back.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Whatever." After that I turned back around.
_______________________________________________________________________

We stopped at a gas station for a second to, you know, get gas and such. Nick was pumping the gas and Kelsey was inside the gas station, so that left Gatsby and I inside the car. And what were we doing? Having a staring contest. :P And it was pretty intense.

I kept on getting distracted and just staring at me, forgetting we were actually having a contest. So yeah.

Out the corner of my eye I see Kelsey walk out the gas station, but I don't look away from Gatsby. And he doesn't look away from me either.

Suddenly I hear the back car door open and see Kelsey get in.

I could see her staring at both of us confused.

"What are you two doing?" she suddenly asked.

"Having a staring contest." I said to her without looking away from Gatsby. Gatsby nodded. "And I'm winning." Gatsby said while looking into my eyes.

"No you're not!" I said.

"Yes I am, darling." Gatsby said while laughing.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

This went on for awhile until finally Kelsey just clapped her hands in front of my eyes causing me to blink.

"Hey! You made me lose!" I exclaimed. She simply shrugged with a smirk.

"It's okay darling." Gatsby said and after kissed my cheek. I couldn't help but smile.

After that Nick got in the car and we pulled off.

Shortly after leaving the gas station I began to feel sleepy. I yawned, causing Gatsby to chuckle.

"Tired, darling?" he asked me. I nodded.

"Well, if you go to sleep now, we should be in California by late morning." he said.

I nod. "Okay. Good night Gatsby." I say back to him.

"Goodnight darling. I would kiss you, but I'm driving."

I laugh. "That's okay." I lean over and kiss Gatsby's cheek, causing him to smile.

"Goodnight people in the backseat!" I yell as I began to get comfortable. I hear laughter and two good nights back.

And with that, I drifted off to sleep.
▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪

Staring contests be gettin intense. Lol. Outfits at the top! Karmen's is the one with the gray shirt and Kelsey's is the one with the burgundy shirt. Sorry for the shortness.

☆kermit_n_kelso★