Chapter 21:Cupcake to the Face

Karmen's POV

I sat criss-crossed on the floor eating a cupcake. Behind me, Nick and Kelsey were curled up and asleep on the couch. Nelsey tho. ^_^

Seeing the both of them together really made me happy. And I couldn't wait to be a bridesmaid!

I stared down at the cupcake in my hand in deep thought. When was Gatsby going to ask me to marry him? WAS he going to even ask me to marry him? There were too many questions whirling around in my mind.

I suddenly heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I turned to see Gatsby approaching me, his charming smile evident on his face.

"Hello darling." he said as he lifted me up into his arms and kissed my nose lightly.

I smiled up at him, the cupcake still in my hand half-eaten.

"Let's go do something." I said. He looked down at me with amusement. "Like what?"

"I don't know." Gatsby laughed. "Okay."

A mischievous look suddenly went across my face as I looked down at the cupcake in my hand.

I smiled brightly at Gatsby before suddenly smushing the rest of the cupcake on his face, icing slowly dripping off and onto the floor.

I giggled and kissed his cheek, running off to my room to get ready.

Behind me I could hear Gatsby's low chuckle.
_______________________________________________________________________

Outside snow was everywhere, drifting and falling on every little thing. So of course, Gatsby and I went ice skating.

We went to the same rink we had on my birthday. I smiled warmly at the memory. That was the day I kissed him for the first time.

Gatsby never let go of my hand as we walked to the rink. When we finally got there, we got our skates and went out on the ice. I hadn't been in awhile, so I almost fell a couple of times out on the ice. But Gatsby catched me everytime.

I laughed as Gatsby twirled me around. I tucked my head into his chest, hearing his heartbeat.

After ice skating, Gatsby and I drank hot chocolate from a nearby café.

Outside the window, I spotted Elizabeth and Tom walking by. I laughed to myself. So they're still together......
_______________________________________________________________________

Later on after returning home, Gatsby and I sat in the field behind the house.

Staring at the sky put me at ease. I turned to see Gatsby looking at me.

Without a word, his lips met mine. Snowflakes lightly drizzled over our bodies as the air around us seemed to get warmer.
•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•

I haven't used the word darling in awhile. I've missed it. *_* lol.

~kelso~