Chapter 27:New York At Night

It's official. I'm married! :)

To be honest it didn't feel or was any different than before, other than the ring that stayed constantly on my finger. No other differences really.

Karmen is constantly asked how my marriage was going, which is always asked with a smirk, to which I respond to with a simple "fine" and a smile.

Speaking of Karmen, someone might be having a wedding of their own pretty soon........^_^

Anyways, right now I was staring at a package on Gatsby's front door step. It didn't have any label saying where it came from, but in big, bold letters it did have "WEDDING GIFT" written on it. So I brought it inside.

I looked at it upon the living room floor skeptically. "Carmine!" I called loudly.

Soon, Carmine stood in front of me. "Yes Mrs. Carraway?" he asked. A smile instantly came to my face.

"This package was on the doorstep, but it doesn't say who it's from."

He looked at the package, nodded, then began to open it.

"Wait, what are you doing?" I questioned him.

"You want to know what's inside, right Mrs?" I nodded, thus making him continue.

I held scissors in my hand just in case something jumped out the box.

Soon, it was open. I peeked inside from a distance.

Laying inside was a beautiful painting of New York at night. I looked at it confused.

Slowly, I lifted it up. On the back of it was a tapped on note, which I read aloud. And it said:

Congratulations on your marriage, what a shame I couldn't be there. I give you this painting that I'm sure just about anyone would adore. I sincerely hope your future together lasts and the two of you grow old together.

Sincerely,

The Woman In Front Of The Toy Store

"Who could that be?" Carmine asked. I nonchalantly shrugged, playing as if I had no clue. I then gently sat the painting back in the box.

"I'm gonna go take it up to my room." I said to Carmine as I picked up the box.

"Are you sure Mrs?" he asked.

"Positive." I said, halfway up the stairs.

Somehow, I was able to twist open the door to my bedroom with the box in my hands. I walked in and sat it on my bed.

I looked at the painting again, a faint smile creeping on my face.

"Thank you Daisy."
☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Picture of painting at the top! ^_^

~kelso