Chapter 3:Our Little Field

Karmen's POV

    The first couple of days back at Gatsby's were kind of awkward for me. I felt kinda guilty about just leaving him, but it hurt so much for me to see him like that. I just couldn't stay. He hasn't brought it up so far though, so that was good.

       I didn't really have anything planned for today. For awhile I just laid on my bed looking at the ceiling. But, I finally decided to get up, so yeah. I changed into a cute floral print blue skirt, a crop top with bows in the back, and a pair of original Converses. I also put a blue bow in my hair. ^_^

  When I was finished getting dressed, I walked out my room and down the stairs to the dining room. Once I got there, I saw only Gatsby there eating. Kelsey probably went to go eat breakfast with Nick.

    Upon hearing my footsteps, Gatsby looked up and smiled at me. That gorgeous smile.

   "Karmen you look beautiful." he said to me as I sat down. I smiled back at him and blushed slightly. "Thank you."

    Almost immediately as I sat down, a maid came and set a plate before me. I thanked her and began to eat.

    Most of breakfast was silent, except for little words here and there. Just as we both finished eating though, something Gatsby said caught my attention.

                       "I have to show you something." he said with a smile.
_________________________________________________________

   I looked around curiously as Gatsby lead me out the back of his house. I had no idea where we were going, but Gatsby was holding my hand so I felt safe.

   We had walked a few yards behind the house when we suddenly endend up in a widespread patch of flowers. They were multicolored and swaying in the breeze. It was beautiful.

    Gatsby looked at me and chuckled at my expression. "Do you like it?" he asked me.

   I nodded with a big grin on my face. Gatsby continued to smile. "I'm glad." he then said.

   I turned and walked a few steps before sitting down among the flowers. Gatsby smiled and sat next to me.

  We sat in silence for awhile until I finally spoke. "I'm sorry." I whispered while looking down.

   Gatsby turned to me. "For what darling?" I continued to look down, not wanting to meet his gaze.

           "For leaving you." I responded. There was more silence.

He then took my chin in his hand softly and lifted it up, causing me to look into his eyes.

     "Don't be sorry, darling. You didn't do anything wrong. Please, it's okay. I don't like to see my beautiful girl upset." he said.

   Before I could even respond, his lips already connected with mine. And we sat there, kissing in our little field.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Yassss tho!!

~kermit_n_kelso~