CHAPTER 29. Terror

I locked myself inside my room feeling a little heavy. I feel really guilty for breaking Oliver's heart earlier today, but even more guilty for leaving Stark bleeding. I immediately reached for my phone to call him. I need to make sure he's okay.

Moments passed and he's still not answering his phone, so I just gave up. Maybe he needs some time.

I took off my clothes and headed inside the shower. Maybe a hot shower will make me feel better. I opened the shower and allowed the hot water to trickle down my body. It's quite refreshing. If I get lucky, maybe it will even wash off some of the guilt I'm feeling right now. How I wish.

After I'm done, I wrapped a towel around me and went to the sink to brush my teeth. But I gasped when I saw the message written on my bathroom's mirror.

"YOU WILL DIE WITH HIM! I SWEAR I'LL MAKE SURE YOU DIE ALONG WITH HIM!"

Who would do this? Who would say something like this? The horrendous message was also written in blood, and I passed out in fear.

I saw myself lying down on my bathroom's floor. I was not sure how long I have been lying there. I then vaguely remembered what I saw before passing out. I looked again at my bathroom's mirror to check but the message's no longer there. It's squeaky clean. Was that all just in my head?

I immediately put on some clothes and looked for my uncle and aunt around the house but couldn't find them anywhere. I called my uncle to check and he said they're in a charity event and will be coming home a little late. Even all our house helps have their day off today so I was basically home alone.

I felt uneasy about this whole set-up. That horrendous message scared me, and the message being gone now is scaring me even more. I just couldn't bring myself to believe that it was just my imagination. Maybe someone erased it purposely after I passed out. What if that person is still here? Why would I pass out if the message wasn't real?

My phone suddenly vibrated. Stark's calling me. I hurriedly answer it.

"Where are you right now?" He asked. His voice calming me from panic.

"I'm inside my house. I've been calling you. I think something weird is happening. Can you please come get me?" I almost sounded like I'm begging him.

"Are you alone?" I can sense a hint of panic in his voice also which somehow told me something is indeed wrong.

"Yes. They all went out." Silently praying that what my gut is telling me couldn't be true.

"Just get out of the house now. Go to your neighbor's house. Any place you're not alone. I'm gonna come get you now. Don't talk to your friend. It's not safe." He said with so much urgency. I can tell he's driving like mad.

"Which friend?" I asked, confused.

"I forgot her freaking name. She's one of those two girls who are always with you. She's the one with..."

The line got cut. Shit. My phone's battery just went dead. Why now?

I almost jumped when I heard the doorbell. What should I do now? Stark told me to get out of the house immediately and go to the neighbor's house. But what's that about one of my friends being a danger to me? Why is it not safe to be with my friend? What the fuck is going on?

I looked at the security screen and saw Luna standing outside our gate. I was so relieved to see her but saw that she managed to get in on her own.

"Shine! Thank God you're here. My dad and I had a fight. The gate and your door are both unlocked so I came in. No one's answering so..." She was blabbing and she started coming forward to give me a hug.

I stepped back a little, thinking about what to do next.

"You look terrible. What happened?" Luna then asked me.

I looked at Luna a bit weirded out. Why is she suddenly here? We didn't have any plans of meeting today. But she said she had a fight with her dad. Then I remembered that scene in the lobby of Fleur Hotel last week. She was shouting at someone on the phone. I remembered her conversation with her so-called dad about her problem getting inside the Monteverde's circle. She's been trying to get close to them. Luna looked desperate. She looked mad at the person on the other line. I wonder... What if... I got scared thinking of the possibilities. I was suddenly scared of Luna. I couldn't help it.

"Is there any problem? You can tell me." Luna asked me and I started sweating bullets.

I don't know what to do. Stark just told me not to trust that one girl friend I have because it's not safe. One of the two girls who are always with me. That one girl is Luna. It could be her, but it could be Starcie also. I'm so confused and scared right now. I don't know. I just started running away from her. I need to get away. I didn't even look back when I heard Luna calling my name over and over asking me what's wrong. I don't know who to trust anymore.

I think I've been running for a good fifteen minutes already when I stopped near the village's club house. It's already dark and the club house looked deserted. I felt so exhausted. How would Stark know where I am?

"Shine..."

I heard a girl's voice calling my name from behind me and I felt something hard hitting the back of my neck. I passed out again before figuring out who it was.