CHAPTER 33. The real nightmare

Sometimes the universe has its own twisted way of playing with you. It throws in shocking moments and lovely surprises every now and then just to see how you would react. Not knowing what it'll throw you is part of the fun of course. It makes life exciting.

But I guess the universe has planned it to be a little more twisted than usual with mine.

Because mine is no longer a surprise. It's not even lovely, but it truly is shocking.

I know this moment already. I've seen this many times. I've been in this exact same place, time, and moment for countless of times before. Everything is the same, and it's not fun at all, I swear. I wouldn't even wish this to an enemy.

It's still dark, but I'm guessing any minute from now the sun will be rising. My feet are already painful from too much running. I'm so tired and I can't breathe, but no, I cannot stop now. I need to get there in time. I have to find him. I have to reach him before it's too late. I'm not gonna give up even if it kills me.

As if on cue, I heard someone howling in pain from a short distance and followed by what sounded like terrifyingly loud heavy punches and a couple of bottles crashing on someone's face. I am very very scared to death. This is exactly what I did not want to happen.

I followed the voice I'm hearing and entered a deserted alley. There in the middle of the road I stopped running and stood frozen in fear. I found him. Finally.

I am now looking at Stark towering over a body of what seems to be an almost lifeless Alexander Vee lying on the ground.

He's about to smash another bottle on the man's face...

"NOOOOO!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!!! PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!"

I beg Stark to stop killing the man completely. This can't happen. I won't allow it. Fortunately, I screamed loud enough for him to hear my voice.

He drops the bottle on the ground and he looks at me straight in the eyes instead. Those intensely beautiful dark brown eyes shot straight through my heart and soul. I feel for him. I feel his pain. I feel his agony. Every single drop of it.

Stark's face is bruised and his clothes are blood-stained. He's breathing heavily and he's sweating bullets profusely. His hands are clenched in a tight fist ready for the kill and the insides of my heart are slowly breaking for him.

I want to run to him, embrace him and never let go. I know he does not want to do this. I know he's incapable of killing anyone. I just know. And I really wish I could do something to save him.

The sun starts to rise and for a split second there the blinding light distracted me. I try harder to steady my gaze at Stark who's still staring back at me even though the sun is starting to hurt my eyes big time. This very moment is too incredible and I wish I could freeze it. The boy who possesses the darkest aura I've ever seen is now being enveloped by the lightness coming from the sun's rays. What a stark contrast!

Bit by bit I can see his hard stare miraculously softening. I can see him shifting aura. His fists starting to uncurl and I cannot wait to lovingly entangle my fingers into his. I can imagine us walking away from this hopeless place together, hand in hand. He smiles. Maybe Stark can read my mind. And I melt, smiling back.

Tears start to rush down my cheeks with a mix of hope and frustration and I think I could figure a glimmer of tears from his eyes as well. I cannot be sure. But all of a sudden I hear a gunshot.

I was expecting Stark to fall down slowly and die like what always happens in my dream every single night. My heart was ready to break into a million pieces again for him.