CHAPTER 4. Arrogant beast

The one thing I completely don't get whenever I watch a horror movie is that scene when the killer goes after the victim. The victim is running as fast as she can, while the killer takes his sweet time as if he's walking in the park or something. It's always shown like that, and yet the killer always manages to catch up with the poor victim every single time! It's so not fair!

So why did I bring that up? Because it's starting to feel like I'm starring on my own horror movie right now.

My legs are already giving up running after Stark and I still couldn't catch up with him. And it's so irritating since this guy is just simply walking. I could chop off those long legs of his. Like seriously.

"Can't you wait up? I'm too tired! Why do you always make me run after you?" I gave up and slumped myself against the pavement near the main library. This guy is just too much to handle. He can have my bag and my books. I don't care anymore. I started massaging my legs. Really not used to walking long distance. Had I known my fate earlier, I would have enlisted myself on Walking for Fitness class for Physical Ed. I heard they offer that here in McDermott also.

"I need your help with something inside the library. That's all. It won't take long. We're almost there." I looked up and saw Stark now standing in front of me. Gosh, his eyes are gorgeous. And I like the sound of him when he's begging. Who can say no to those eyes?

But I shrugged off my insane thoughts and mustered enough spunk to throw him off balance.

"Why should I help you? First of all, I don't know who you are. Second, half of the school population hates me right now just because you chose the chair next to mine. Third, you are so rude for just taking my things without my permission and making me run after you. So no! Sorry but I'm not gonna help you! I won't! Take my things! Whatever! I don't freaking ca.....!"

Before I could even finish my litany, Stark has already scooped me up and carried me on his back towards the library. That was enough to shut me up. I was too stunned to even protest. I didn't see that one coming.

It was embarrassing seeing the scandalized look on everyone's faces. So I just decided to close my eyes and pretended I was dead. On second thought, dying on the spot right now would be such a great idea. I've never felt this humiliated.

As I hung against his back pretending to be lifeless, I can't help but smell a hint of his perfume from his neck. Emporio Armani. I know that perfume very well because that's the perfume my favorite rock star Oliver Smith always wears. Why is this beast wearing it? He doesn't have the right to ruin all the amazing memories that scent brings me.

Next thing I know, he's already dropped me to an empty chair inside the library. I immediately checked if he left my things next to me so I can run off, but the beast is still carrying my pink floral bag with him while scanning the bookshelves. What's the deal with this guy? What a complete nutcase!

I bowed my head against the desk in defeat and prayed for the ground to open up and swallow me whole. After what felt like a million years, he tapped me on my shoulder telling me that he's got all the books he needs and we can finally go.

Already feeling sleepy, I just followed him mindlessly. I'm too tired arguing with this guy. He never listens anyway so what's the use?

"Can you give me my things back?" I tried pleading.

"No."

"But you're carrying a lot of things already."

"No."

"But you look so weird carrying a floral bag in case you haven't noticed."

"No."

"But I have to get to my next class." God he's so irritating!

"Your next class has been moved to 5 o'clock. So you still have to wait for four hours."

"What?!"

By now, I've already decided not to mind the weird looks I'm getting from everyone we pass by. I'm too confused, tired and hungry to even care. Anyway, what the hell is this guy talking about?

"We're sharing the same class schedule so that means you will be in all of my classes. And you're sitting beside me of course." He said sounding bored. Looks like this guy can actually read my mind.

I just laughed at his face, not believing what he just said. "I think you've totally lost it, you know. Now could you please just give me my bag because I'm very late for my next class?" I said sarcastically.

Instead of handing over my bag, Stark gave me a piece of paper. It's a crisp class schedule and it has my name on it. Some of my classes have been shuffled from here to there and he's correct. Looks like my next class is indeed at five.

"I asked for the chancellor's help earlier. It's not a big deal. The classes we're taking are almost identical since we're both freshmen so they just shifted your schedule to match mine."

Stark continued to walk, with me running after him again helplessly of course.

***

"This isn't making any sense. Why would you do all of these? Why am I suddenly stuck with you and your stupid arrogance? I told you I don't want to be with you!"

"Please give this big mouth with me right here, rib eye steak. Make it well done. Add two cups of rice, stir fried vegetables, mushroom soup and iced tea. Thanks." He told the waiter, obviously referring to me.

"Did you just call me big mouth?" I can't believe this beast is still mocking me until now like I'm not sitting in front of him.

"Yes." He even rolled his eyes like he's the one who's had enough.

We're already inside a restaurant just outside campus. Stark insisted that we grab lunch first since our next class is at five. I would have protested on a normal day, but since this day has been totally brutal and my stomach's already growling from hunger, I went with him in peace. He shoved me inside his black Maserati and we drove to this quiet restaurant named Sebastian in less than ten minutes. I wonder if their family owns this restaurant as well.

Can I say that Stark drives the coolest car I've ever seen? And can I also say that the Transportation Office should really revoke this guy's driving license? I mean seriously. I lost count how many traffic violations he has committed in those ten minutes. It's like he was possessed by the devil that I almost died of a heart attack.

Okay, I'm still gonna say this other one as if it's not obvious enough. DEAD BOY IS THE MOST ARROGANT BEAST IN THE UNIVERSE. There. I said it. In big bold letters. MOST. ARROGANT. BEAST.

Because Stark Sebastian Monteverde is insensitive, rude, and so full of himself. I don't know what I did in my past life to deserve this misfortune. As far as I know, I've been such a goody two shoes all my life. So why am I stuck with this idiot?

When the waiter finally served our food, I devoured everything not minding Stark. I'm too hungry that I managed to finish everything quickly.

"By the way, you are the one paying for all of this food because you've done me so much trouble today, Dead Boy." I told him in between chewing and gave him a disgusted look.

Stark was just looking at me intently as I drank the iced tea to the bottom. I almost forgot he was in front of me.

"What now, Dead Boy?!" I snapped at him after drinking the entire thing.

"Nothing. I guess we can talk sensibly now that you're finished eating. And can you stop calling me Dead Boy?" He said looking annoyed.