CHAPTER 17. Good morning

"Noooooo!!!!" I woke up gasping for air and when I opened my eyes, I saw Starcie and Luna looking at me. Shock's obviously written on their faces. It's 4:32 in the morning again.

Finally, Luna got up and quickly got a glass of water for me to drink so I can relax my breathing.

When Starcie hugged me, that's when I totally lost it and cried my heart out. I don't understand what's happening to me anymore. I know I hate Stark, but I don't hate him that much for me to wish him death even in my dreams.

I eventually calmed down after a while.

"I know you were telling the truth when you shared with us the dream days ago, but I didn't expect it to be this bad." Starcie said feeling sorry for me.

"We tried waking you up when you were crying already, but you won't wake up. It was very painful to watch."

"It's like you were trapped in your dream and you can only wake up once Stark has died. We heard you calling his name many times. You sounded so helpless. It's tragic." Luna squeezed my hand. Her eyes also wet with tears.

"We'll help you out. We need to understand why this is happening to you, so we'll know how we can stop all this. Don't worry, Shine. This will pass." She smiled assuringly.

***

I told Luna and Starcie to go back to their dorm when I've finally calmed down from the nightmare. Actually, I was a really embarrassed that they had to witness that for real. I felt like a weakling.

Instead of going back to sleep, I just decided to prepare the art materials I'm gonna use at the orphanage later. I promised the kids I'll come back today for them.

It took some time for me to finish so I didn't have time to eat breakfast. As I was rushing to get out of the house, my phone started ringing. It's Stark.

I thought about not answering the call, but I didn't want to look so obviously affected by what happened in the party last night.

"Hello." I answered nonchalantly.

"Come out." He immediately ended the call.

He didn't even bother to say hello back. So rude. I can't even with this guy!

I walked with heavy steps and saw him leaning in his car right next to the passenger's seat door parked outside our house.

My eyes discreetly scanned him a little. Crisp white shirt, denim cargo shorts, and low-rise white Chucks. Why is Stark Monteverde so effortlessly hot in every angle? It's so unfair!

His arms were crossed and he seemed to be looking a little grumpy this early in the morning. Without saying a word, he quickly got the boxes from me and I watched him put them at the back of his car.

"Can you walk a little much slower than that? We have all the time in the world, My Princess." He said sarcastically and opened the door for me.

I shot him a piercing look and remained standing outside his car. He's so annoying.

"Close the door again. I won't get inside your car because you opened the door for me. I'm not your princess!"

"What are you up to? I've already opened it for you." He scowled and he proceeded to the driver's seat, refusing to close the door again as I've instructed.

I stood there even more annoyed.

So I slammed the door close really hard and opened it again before getting inside. That will do it. I felt better now.

"What a nutcase." He mumbled before starting the engine.

I sniffed and realized that he's wearing that same perfume again. I really can't take this anymore. He can't steal Oliver's perfume. That's my Oliver Smith's perfume.

"Can you please change your perfume?" I asked him seriously and started massaging my temple feigning a headache.

"Why do you care?"

"Because it doesn't suit you."

He pulled his collar up and sniffed it himself.

"Does it smell bad?" He asked me, obviously feeling self-conscious and bothered by what I said.

I wanted to burst out laughing, but I kept my cool and nodded my head in the most dignified face I could muster to convince him.

"Really?" His face looked epic. It's so funny to watch.

"Really." I told him with a serious face.

Stark suddenly parked the car on the side of the road and started taking off his shirt slowly, and just like that the whole world went on an abrupt slow mo like a perfectly played movie scene featuring Ryan Gosling, only this version in front of me right now is so much hotter. Wayyyyy hotter.

"What are you do....do.." I couldn't even finish my sentence. That chest and especially those abs got my brain cells under a spell or something. Too.mesmerized.to.function.Is.this.breakfast.

I started silently counting his abs in my head.

"One, two, three, four, five and... What's the next number again after five? Gosh, I suddenly couldn't remember." Why do I sound like a total maniac?

He reached for something at the back and pulled out a clean white shirt, which he quickly put on.

I panicked inside my head. His abs are all covered up now.

So much for my happy ending.

That was the moment I discovered that I'm just human. A very very vulnerable human being. Superman has his kryptonite, while I obviously have Stark Sebastian Monteverde's abs. All six of them.

When he restarted the engine to continue driving, I rolled down the window on my side, saw the sun shining so bright up in the sky, and shouted at the top of my lungs. "Good morning, world!"

I shook my head to push down that memory of shirtless Stark into the dim recesses of my mind. No use. A silly smile is now permanently plastered on my face. I know. What a nutcase.

Stark was just shaking his head. He must have thought I've gone mad, but he had no idea.