CHAPTER 13. The movie star

"Cinderella, open up!" That would be Starcie excitedly knocking on my bedroom door.

I quickly let her and Luna in. I can't believe they managed to get me a red gown in less than 30 minutes. Stark gave me no choice but to call them for back up when he told me I need to wear a red gown for tonight's event.

The problem was I don't own anything red in my closet. In fact I've never worn red in my whole entire life. It's just not my color.

"This is gorgeous! Are you sure I can wear this?" My eyes became wide in disbelief when I unwrapped the box.

This is like the most stunning red gown I've ever seen in my life!

"Of course you can! This one's perfect for you. Uncle Alexander was jumping up and down when I told him one of my friends is attending tonight's Rockkys After Party and that one of his creations is needed. So he gave you the best red gown from his new collection. This isn't even out yet."

"All you have to do tonight is look gorgeous, strut it, and mention his name as designer when the press asks who are you wearing."

I just nodded, still mesmerized by the beautiful gown in front of me.

"His name's Alexander Vee. Got it? Now move it and put this on. Luna and I still need to do your hair and make-up. We don't have that much time left." Starcie said like a boss.

"Thanks Starcie. You guys are the best." I gave them a hug first before doing what she said.

***

"Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me? Why is my reflection someone I don't know?"

I can't help but go Mulan all of a sudden when I saw how I looked on the mirror.

"I look like a movie star!" I exclaimed.

"Trust me, Shine. With that face, you'll give any movie star a run for their money." Luna winked at me looking really proud. She was the one who did my make-up.

"Your make-up addiction has finally come in handy. Great job, sis!" Starcie gave Luna a high five.

I stared at my face again feeling like a winner. So this is how Cinderella felt like after her fée marraine worked her magic when she's about to go to the ball.

I really have the best of friends.

Thank you so much, Lord!

***

Stark became extra quiet ever since he saw me when he picked me up from the house. I'm not saying he's usually loud, it's just that tonight he's acting very different. It's like he's purposely ignoring my presence completely.

He did open and hold the car door for me and now driving as smoothly as possible. That was very sweet of him, but still, his silence is making me feel so uncomfortable. What's wrong with this nutcase again? He didn't even comment on how I looked.

I stared at him, but his eyes remained focused on the road. He's looking pretty dapper himself.

"Not bad at all, DB." I muttered to myself.

Stark already looks like a million dollar in his casual daily get-up, but now with his dark suit and tie, he's become beyond royalty. I bet girls in McDermott would do more than just scream if they could see him right now.

I can't help but smile. Imagine, who would have thought that I'd arrive in the music industry's biggest bash this year clinging on the arm of this dropdead gorgeous man? A lot of hearts are gonna break tonight for sure.

"Stop staring. You're making me feel uncomfortable." Stark suddenly told me, his eyes still on the road.

"Oh my gosh, the dude knows how to speak!" I said sarcastically.

"Wwh...what?" Stark fumbled with words.

Why is Stark Sebastian Monteverde stammering? Is he nervous or something?

"Are you okay, DB? You don't sound like your usual self. Is there anything wrong?"

"Nothing." He answered briefly.

"Nothing? Then why were you stammering? Why were you ignoring me? Did I do something? Do you feel alright?"

Stark ignored all my questions and just turned on the radio.

Eric Clapton started singing on the background and I sighed helplessly. It was 'Wonderful Tonight'. Atleast this singer knows how to praise a woman for her efforts tonight, unlike this guy right here.

Stark suddenly turned to me and said the weirdest thing. "He just said it."

"Said what?" I asked him, confused.

"You look wonderful tonight." He said to me smiling and continued driving in silence.

I blushed and smiled to myself. That was the cheesiest thing ever and I didn't expect it to come from him.

Now I understand why Stark Monteverde became silent when he saw me.

Because Luna said I'd give any movie star a run for their money.

Because I look wonderful tonight.

And even this royalty sitting on the driver's seat thinks so too.