Chapter 5

BAU

-JJ point of view-

I could tell something was wrong. You know when you just can tell something happened. Well, I was feeling that right now. Starting to mess with my necklace, I walked into the conference room. Laying the case files on the roundtable, I walk up to grab the remote for the projector to show the team the new case. Hearing footsteps and laughter, I looked up to see Morgan, Elle, and Reid walking into the room.

"Hey JJ," Reid says as he sits down. I smile at him as he blushes a little bit and grabs a file.

"Aww, pretty boy got a crush?" Morgan says while smirking. I shooked my head as I start to fiddle with my necklace again.

"Case?" I hear a deep voice say. I looked up to see that the other two people of the team were present. Hotch and Gideon.

"Yes sir. Alexis Rain and Cody Rain were found in their house with their throats cut." I say as I click the remote which pulls up the Alexis and Cody laying on the ground with their throats cut. "There was signs of tort..."

"JJ. You have a call on line three." I look around to see Anderson standing at the door.

"Can you ask them to wait?" I ask as I turn back towards the projector.

"They said it was urgent." I frown. I look at the picture of Alexis and Cody. 'Whoever it is they can wait. I am in the middle of a case showing.' I thought to myself.

"Anderson just tell them that they are going to need to wait." He looks at me sadly like he knew something and nods his head. "On both bodies, there was signs of torture. Alexis was beaten up and has a couple of broken ribs while Cody has a broken leg and a couple of fingers were also broken." I said.

- time skip -

"Hey, Anderson. Was it line three?" I ask him as I walked toward my office. He nods his head. "Thank you." I walked into my office and stood by my desk. I looked at the phone. Something bad happened. Grabbing the phone, I hit line three. "Hello. This is Jennifer. Sorry for the wait. I was at a conference."

"Hello JJ. Do you know who this is?" I frown not because I didn't know who it was. It was because I did. I felt my stomach drop.

"Hello. Sheriff Mills."

"How are you doing JJ?" Frowning, I knew that this was what the bad feeling was for.

"Sir not to be rude but can you cut to the chase. I have a case which I need to get back to." I heard him sigh softly.

"I am so sorry JJ. I wish I got there earlier but I was too late."

"What happened?" saying sternly.

"JJ. It's about your parents. They were murdered." I grab my desk for balance. I look out into the bullpen to see Anderson looking at me sadly.

"What? How? Where is Amber? Is she okay?" I say as I sit down in my chair. Gripping the phone, I could feel my eyes getting teary.

"She is okay but she is in shock. She was the one who found them." 'Thank god, she is okay.' I thought to myself.

"Okay. I am in a case right now but I will try to get time off to come and get her."

"Take your time. Amber is at my house right now and she can stay as long as she needs to." I nod but realized that he can't see me. I took a deep breath.

"Ok. I will call you tomorrow. I need to go." I say as I hang up. Putting my phone on the desk, I bury my head in my hands. 'They can't be dead.' I thought to myself. I hear a knock on my door. I look up to see Elle standing in the doorway. She was looking at me sadly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Blinking the tears out, I look back at my hands.

"My parents. They died. No, they were murdered." I softly said.

"Oh my god JJ." I heard her footsteps walk towards me. "I am so sorry hun." She says as she in gulfs me in a hug. I fell out of my seat and held on to her.

"They are dead."