Chapter nineteen

I was sitting in the airplane with Reid and Mrs. Reid. Mrs. Reid was in the middle of us. She was holding my hand while Reid was reading to her. When the airplane had some air turbine, she would squeeze my hand. I would just rub her hand.

After we drop off Mrs. Reid at the hospital, we went back to the plane. For a while, we sat in silence. Finally, I couldn't take it any longer.

"Reid why do you hate me?" I ask him. He look up from his book shocked. "I mean. I can tell you don't like me. Why?"

"Well first I don't like new people." I roll my eyes. "Once I found out that you are like me. Smart I mean. I felt jealous. I felt like that the team wouldn't need me anymore. I now know that was dumb. Then I thought you were going to be stuck up like the rest of the people like us are. I am smarter than everyone. I thought you were that girl to get everything you wanted and was the popular one who bullied people. But than I saw the way you were with my mother and how you acted with the Fisher King."

I stood up and walk over to Spencer. "Spence. I get where you are coming from. I do. But you don't need to judge people from what you think you know. I wasn't the popular one.  I wasn't the girl who got everything. I wasn't that stuck up girl. I was the girl getting bullied. I was the girl who everyone hated." I sat down in front of him.

"I am sorry Amber." I smile at him. I slowly grab his hand.

"Can we start over?" He looks at me and smiles.

"I would like that." I start to shake his hand.

"Hello. I am Amber. I am please to meet you."

"Hello Amber. I am Spencer Reid and it's a pleasure to meet you." I start to laugh. Soon Spencer joins in.

-----------------------------------------

Sorry it's a short chapter but I thought this was needed for Amber and Spencer's relationship.