Chapter 18 Part two

I am sitting in the car with Hotch, Morgan and Gideon. "Amber you stay in the car, tell we call you to come out." Morgan says to me. I nod my head as Hotch stops the car. Morgan jumps out of the car and run up the stairs with Elle and the swat team. Hotch and Gideon stay with me.

"Hotch, I think you're going to want to see this." Say Morgan through the radio.

"Let's go." We start to walk up the stairs and into the apartment. We walk into the kitchen and turn into a room that had a man laying on his back with a sword in his stomach. Above him lay the words ' Here Thy Quest Doth Truly Begin.'

"He's definitely playing with us." Hotch says.

"Medieval times." I said under my breathe.

"His identification checks out." Elle says. "That's Frank Giles."

"There's a big old bag of money sitting right here on the dresser."

"So Giles took Harris to Jamaica to kill him and the unsub killed Giles."

"Yeah, but he paid him first."

"Left the cash?

"That means he doesn't need the money." I said.

"He said these were unrepentant bad men. Are we looking for some kind of vigilante?"

"No. The bodies are nothing but a way to get us interested." Gideon says. "They're game pieces. The killings are secondary."

"Well, this guy likes to write things in blood on the walls."

"All kinds of cult and demonic significance to that."

"Thy? Doth? Quest? Thy Quest Doth Truly Begin. Why start phrasing things like this now?"

"All the other messages were in modern English." Hotch says.

"Maybe this is the first one the unsub actually wrote." Morgan points out.

"So we're looking for Shakespeare?" Elle asks.

"Hey, Guys?"

"Yeah?"

"There's something etched on the blade."

"To learn of what should next be done, leave the blade 'til the hour be none."

"Hour be none?" Morgan asks.

"Leave the blade." I look at the window.

"Elle move for a second. Move to your left. The bed's in the middle of the room. Which isn't by chance and maybe the light from here casts a shadow and points to something."

"Come on. Are we in the middle of an Indiana Jones movie?" Elle laughs.

"The hour be none?"

"Midnight is 00:00 hours in twenty-four hour time. Would that be none?" Morgan asks.

"Midnight wouldn't cast a shadow."

"Hour be none."

"Three p.m." I said as did Reid. He cast a glare at me but then look at Hotch.

"Hey guys, Garcia told me where to find you."

"Three p.m." Reid and I said together again. Everyone gave us a weird look.

"The days used to be broken into hourly intervals" Reid said.

As he paused, I took over. "The canonical hours of the breviary. Prime: six a.m. Terce : nine a.m. Sext : twelve noon. None: three p.m. And vespers : six p.m."