Chapter 3

Amber

I hate school. Well, not school, and the learning but the popular people and the bullies who thought that they could feel better if they hit someone. Shaking my head as I walk out of the cafeteria with food all over myself and a bloody nose. I wanted to cry but I will never give them that.

Flashback

Walking into the lunch room, I headed straight for the table by trash cans. No one wanted to eat by them so I was safe. I kept my head low and did not look anyone in the eyes. Just as I was going to slid into a seat, I am grabbed from behind. Spinning around, I see my main bully and everyone's golden child, Lucy. Everyone wanted be her or be with her except me.

"Hey, how is our nerd?" I rolled my eyes. 'Seriously, that's what you came up with. Not like I have heard that before.' I thought to myself. "Did you just roll your eyes at me?" 'NO.'

"No," I said softly. She let out a high pitch laugh and shook her head at me.

"I think you are lying," Lucy says as walks closer to me. Suddenly, I feel cold stuff running down my head. She smiles at me. I whip around to see her best friend with a slushie that was empty. I glared at her.

"Wow. That's all you can think of today. Pour a drink on me." I laugh at her. I turn back around to Lucy. "Go ahead and laugh. But while you are getting STDS, I will be making something of myself." I said as I picked up my bag.

"You bitch." All I felt was the pain. I look at Lucy while I felt my nose start to drip. 'Not again.' I thought to myself.

"Have to rely on pain to get your way. Can't think your way out of the situation." I scream at her. I push past her and walk to the door of the lunch room.

End

'Why slushies?' I thought to myself as I look at myself in the mirror in the bathroom. I grab paper towels and start putting them up my nose. My eyes were red because of me trying hard not to cry. My hair had blue slush and my shirt sticked to my body.

"Lucy?" I spin around to see Mrs. Erickson walking into the bathroom. I nod and stared at the ground not wanting to make eye contact. "Amber look at me." I looked up. Mrs. Erickson had a small smile. "Let's go get you clean." She says as she opens the door again. I grab my bag and walk with her into the hallway.

"I am sorry." Mrs. Erickson stops and turns around. She softly frowned at me.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because you always help me clean up and I feel like I take advantage of you." She shakes her head at me and points a finger at me.

"No. Do not feel that way young lady. You do not take advantage of me. You have done nothing wrong. Don't think that way again. Now let's go get you clean." She is quick to smile at me again as she takes my hand and heads toward the locker room. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. So I come prepared. I always bring extra clothes.