Chapter 16

It Broke Loose

        "Klaus ..." Echo repeated, shooting up from her seat.

Klaus just shook his head and clenched his eyes shut, turning his cheek and looking to the floor. He started for the door, anger filled in every step he took. Echo tried to go after him, but Elena stopped her. When Klaus was at this state, who knows what he could do? It would be bad.

        Before he could exit, one of the bartenders screamed after him, "Hey! You have to clean up the mess you made!"

Klaus froze in place, astonished by how a human was telling him what to do. He took a deep breath and super-sped to him, quickly snapping his neck in a flash. The other customers gasped to the sight of the now dead man who lied on the floor. He looked around, forgetting he was in a public place. He could feel that someone was calling the police, but he was too mad to worry about them. He could wipe them out in a split second anyway.

He started to head for the door again until he turned back to Echo whose hand was placed over her mouth in fear and shock. He snatched a leg from a wooden chair and used his vampire speed to race to Elena, getting ready to stab her. Echo could see what he was doing and she scurried over as quickly as she could so she was in Elena's way.

Klaus, stake, Echo, then Elena was the order. Not a good order.

They all were breathing heavily, in a stand-still, like the customers who were just watching the whole thing like they were in a movie. Echo wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out some popcorn.

        "If you're gonna kill her, you're gonna have to kill me, too, Klaus." She finally got the guts to say.

Klaus stared into her eyes. She could've easily killed her before killing Elena and he actually considered doing it, but he couldn't. Her bravery struck him by surprise because he could tell she was really hoping this would work. Plus, he was intensely mad at her for kissing Damon ... but he loved her too much to do that. If he killed her just to become a hybrid, it wouldn't be worth it. He'd probably hate himself too much and kill himself, too.

He eased back, slightly raising his hands in surrender.

        "You brought this on yourself." He snapped in anger, pointing the stake to her so the sharp end was only inches away from her face. He dropped it immediately and looked to everyone who had just witnessed his sudden outburst of vexation.

        "You will all forget what happened in this grill. Leave. Now." He compelled looking to everyone. He turned to Echo, staring soullessly into her big brown eyes. "Except you. I want you to remember this and I want you to rue the day you decided to kiss Damon."

Echo shook her head to the rage filled in his bright blue eyes that were darkened a tad. This wasn't the Klaus she knew. This was the angry Klaus who she had seen mad, but not with her. He paused as his eyes never left her lips. Hers never left his either. His mouth tinted open a bit when his eyes joined her big brown ones.

They were both thinking the same thing, but Echo stopped it. She wouldn't let it happen. She shoved his shoulder with hers, covering her face with her hands in embarrassment. She knew she messed up. But it wasn't even her fault; she wasn't even the one who kissed him.

He kissed her.

Klaus ignored Elena who he could've easily taken right on the spot. He wasn't aware of that at the time. He sped over to the mansion, once getting there in a couple of seconds slamming the front door shut so hard, the door could've broken if there was any more added force. Hearing all the ruckus, Kol stormed in the main hallway, his ears being covered by the palms of his hands.