Chapter 6

Breaking In

        "THINK YOU'RE PROBABLY GONNA WANT TO LET ME IN NOW!" Klaus screamed, large boulder in hand.

Damon was in the living room, peering out the window with Stefan by his side as Elena, Jenna, Caroline and Echo stood far away from the window, behind the couch in fright.

        "What is he doing here?" Jenna asked, breaking the silence.

Stefan hesitated. It took him and his brother a while to answer, but Damon just dodged it with another statement.

        "Klaus wants in. We have to keep him out." He pecked open the blinds a bit to see him staring at the window, his eyebrows furrowed and jaw tight. He saw the large boulder in his grasp and panicked, but decided not to tell the others; it would lead them to too many questions.

Soon after, Damon didn't have to say anything for their minds to boggle with questions. Klaus got in a ready stance and hoisted the boulder up on his shoulder. Damon could tell what he was doing.

        "Ah, duck---!" He started to shout, but the boulder already smashed through the window. Damon grabbed his brother who was closest to him and pulled him to the floor as the girls ducked behind the couch. Shattered glass flew everywhere, piercing Damon and Stefan's skin and going all over the carpet.

Elena slowly popped her head over the couch, seeing the two brothers lying on the floor, recovering from the impact, tangles of glass shards stuck in their hair. Seeing that Elena didn't get harmed, Jenna, Caroline and Echo towered from protection as Stefan moaned, trying to stand.

        "Damon." Jenna snapped sternly, causing him to look up at her, Stefan slowly standing next to him. Echo's eyes widened; she'd never seen Jenna act so serious before.

        "What does he want from us? Tell me now!" She raised her voice, gripping the leather of her black couch.

Damon sighed, staring at her wide-eyed with his bright blue retinas. Stefan extended his arm to him, helping him stand. Once he was situated he scratched the back of his head and responded, Jenna losing her patience.

        "Ok, when we went to confront Echo to stay away from Klaus ..." "Wait, that's why you left this morning?" Echo interrupted, narrowing her eyebrows. Stefan pointed to her, raised his eyebrows and pursed his lips, like he was saying "We'll talk about it later." That got her to shut up.

        "Thank you," He placed his hand on Stefan's shoulder, then continued, "So he was going along with it and he said he would leave Echo alone, but on one condition ... he wanted Elena."

        "Whoa, what?! You didn't agree to that, right? You know what would happen if Klaus got a hold of her!" Caroline butted in, refusing the argument.

        Echo looked bewildered as she raised an eyebrow, "Wait, what would happen if Klaus got a hold of Elena?"

Stefan winced silently as he closed his eyes shut. Damon gave an icy glare as Echo awaited an answer. Right then, the doorbell rang. Sighing in relief, Stefan made his way to the door, leaving Echo dumfounded because her question wasn't answered. He already knew who would be on the other side. He opened the door to see Klaus standing there, his arms nonchalantly behind his back like he did nothing at all. He was right.

        "Klaus ..." Stefan huffed, eyeing him up and down with a nasty glare.

Damon heard the commotion and decided to go with Stefan, not before warning the girls first. "Stay here, be quiet and don't move." He demanded, then walked out of the living room and to the entrance way.