14- Need Your Strength

(Kylee POV)
It's been a week since I tried to kill myself, and to say I regret it would be an understatement because now everyone is treating me like this fragile doll that could break any moment. Carter and I are dating but I'm still not quite sure why I said yes to him I guess maybe it was because I wanted someone to love me like he said he did, or maybe it's just because I feel safe around him and I don't have to worry about him breaking my heart. "Kylee would you like to go walk on the beach," Carter ask me snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yeah sounds like fun," I say answering him a little to quickly. "Is everything alright," he ask as he walks over to where I'm sitting on the bed. "Yeah I'm fine, just have a lot on my mind," I say honestly. "You can talk to me about anything you want, I'm here for you," he says as he moves a strand of hair from my eyes. "I know you are but its nothing," I say reassuring him. "Ok then, I'll let you get your swimsuit on and we can meet downstairs in ten minutes," he says before leaning down placing his lips on mine kissing me lightly and then exiting the room. I don't know what it is about him that makes me feel happy that I belong to him, even though part of me knew I could never love him like he loves me.

After putting on my swimsuit which was a light blue ruffles bikini top and pink and white striped bottoms that's sides where the color of my bikini top, I tie my hair back into a ponytail and then begin to make my way downstairs. "Ok I'm ready," I say to Carter as I make to the couch where he is sitting. He gets up making his way to me, and I blush as I feel his gaze as he looks me over. "You are so beautiful," he says once he is in front of me. I keep my eyes locked on the floor trying to meet his gaze as I try to hid my blushing but he lifts my chin so that my eyes meet his. "You don't every have to hid yourself from me, because I love the affect I have over you," he says with a smile on his face. "Come on let's go while we still have a couple hours of daylight left," he says taking my hand into his and leading me out the back door towards the beach. We walk hand in hand until we get to the edge of the beach then he lets go of my hand a walks into the water. "Are you coming in," he asked turning back to see if I was behind him. "I don't know isn't the water could," I say with a whimper in my voice. "It's not that bad, come on get in," he says trying to convince me to come in. I just shake my head no trying not to laugh at how desperate he was to get me in the water. "Fine then I guess I will just have to make you get in," he says as he makes his way out of the water towards me. "Carter don't you dare," I squeal out as I take of running back towards the house. Unfortunately I couldn't run fast enough because before I could make it halfway back to the house Carter caught me. "Now let's go for a swim," he says as he picks me up into his arms. "Carter don't, please don't," I say begging in-between fits of laughter. "Sorry can't hear you," he says as he starts walking into the water. "Put me down," I beg as she steps into the water. "Ok," he says as we got deeper into the water. He drops me from his arms into the could water and I come up to him laughing. "That's was so not funny," I say shivering from the cold water as I begin making my way back to the beach. "Kylee come on I was just kidding don't be mad at me," he says as he walks after me. I just keep walking trying to hid my smile as I continue to act like I'm mad at him. Once I make it back to the beach I begin walking back to the house but I feel Carter place his hand on my shoulder turning me toward him,"Kylee come on don't be like that, please what can I do to make you forgive me?" "I could think of something," I say as I stand on my tiptoes and placing my lips on his quickly then pulling away. "Oh no you don't, you don't get to do that to me," he say before placing his lips on mine roughly. He pulls me down so that my back is on the sand and he is hovering over me as he continues to deepen the kiss, leading us into a full blown make out session. I run my hands alone his chest as his hand makes small circles on my bare stomach.

We continue to make out for a while and as things started to heat up he got up and lead me inside so that we could be inside were it's more private. "Kylee I love you," he whispers in my ear as he pulls me down to the couch. I don't say anything but just started kissing him again, but just a things started to heat up the front door busted open causing us both to jump apart and Carter quickly turned on the tv. "Hey guys what's up," Drew says as he enters into the house. "Drew what are you doing here," I ask him curiously as I try to hid the fact that I was out of breath from mine and charters make out session. "Well I though that we would come and surprise y'all," he says stepping aside to let Olivia in. "Oh my gosh Olivia what are you doing here," I say in excitement as I run up to hug her. "Well what about me," Drew says holding his arms out for me to come and hug him. Without hesitation I hug him, then he pulls me back taking my wrists in his hands and examining them. "Don't you ever do anything like that's again," he says angrily into my ear. I was lost for words so all I could do was shake my head yes, it was like I had no choice but to obey him.

After awhile we all decided to sit down and watch a movie and somehow I got put sitting in between Drew and Carter. Olivia got up and turned out all the lights just as the movie was starting so it was so dark that we could hardly see anything. It wasn't long into the movie I felt Carter grab my hand which was fine since nobody could see, but was bad is a few minutes later Drew grabs my other hand. I have held Drew's hand more times then I could count but it was different this time because I was dating Carter, even though I wasn't read to tell anyone. I could feel Drew begin running his thumb along my hand making it very hard to focus on the movie in front of me. "Drew you have to stop, I can't focus on the movie with you doing that," I lean over and whisper to him. "Then let's not watch it, say you have to go to the bathroom and I will meet you upstairs," he whispers back to me. I knew that I would be cheating on Carter if I did what Drew told me to do so I just go back to trying to focus the movie.

After fighting to focus on the movie for what seemed like forever I jump up quickly. "What's wrong," Carters asked with concern. "It's nothing I just need to go to the bathroom," I say before taking off running upstairs locking myself in as I begin to try and calm myself down. Just as I begin to regain myself there was a light knock on the door, "Kylee it's me open up," Drew whispers through the door. I take a deep breath before opening the door to tell him he has to leave but before I could say anything he comes in locking the door behind him. "I knew you could resist for long," he says cockily with a grin as he backs me into the door. "Drew," I say breathless not being able to get any other words out. "Kylee," he says softly before leaning in to kiss me but before his lips touched mine I snapped back into reality. Pushing him back I say, "stop we can't do this!" He stands back looking at me confused, "why not?" "We just can't," I say not wanting to tell him about Carter and I. "That's not good enough," he says before placing his lips on mine but instead of kissing him back I slap him hard across the face. "What the heck was that for," he says angrily to me. "I told you no," I said returning his anger. "The why did you come up her if you weren't wanting this," he says grabbing the hand I slapped him with. "You know what Kylee your nothing but a tease one day you are all over me and the next your telling me we can't do this," he yells at me as he grips my arm tighter. "Drew stop your hurting me," I cry out in pain. His anger demises some as he releases my arm and I took this time to run out the bathroom and back downstairs. "Carter can we talk for a minute," I ask him as soon I make it back to the living room. "Yeah sure," he says as he follows me into the kitchen. "What you need to talk to me about," he ask me with concern. "It's nothing big I was just hoping we could keep our relationship a secret for now, because I'm just not ready to tell everyone yet," I say shyly. "If that's what you really want, then yeah that's fine," he say to me sweetly. "Thank you," I say before kissing him quickly on the lips. "If this is how I get thanked then I need to say yes to your more often," he says with a laugh which caused me to blush. "Let's go finish the movie," he says as we begin walking back to the living room.

Authors Note:
I know I'm a little late posting but I made the chapter longer so I hope you all enjoyed it.
Picture of Kylee's swimsuit on this chapter.