27

*Hayden's POV*

Hayes looked at me in that hallway. He clearly saw me but said nothing to me. Rude. And him and Jenna looked awfully close. Ew.

"Hayden get your phone before I throw it out of the window," G-Cam groaned.

I was so deep in my thoughts I didn't realize it was ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is Hayes there? Cuz he ain't here," Nash asked.

"He...I don't think he's here in the hotel."

"Ask someone if they've seen him. If not we're in trouble..." Nash trailed off.

"What the hell. Where are y'all?"

"We went to an arcade for a guy's night out and Hayes kind of wandered off. Carter said he was with some girl but I don't know what girl he's talking about," he told me.

"Um. Wow ok. Yeah I'll see if anyone has seen him. I'll keep you updated. Bye nashy," and with that I hung up.

Well that stung a little.

"Cam come with me. We're gonna ask anyone if they've seen Hayes," I said.

"Ughh I'm tired," she whined.

"I'll buy you food," I bribed her.

"Fine," she said and got up from her bed.

*Hayes POV*

"Nat where are we?" I asked.

"Hold on. We're almost there," she smiled pulling me through a thin layer of woods.

"Ok we're here now," she stopped in an open field with a lake.

"Woah. The moon looks huge from here," I said in awe.

"Yeah sit," she said and patted a spot on the ground next to her.

"Why are we here?" I asked her.

"Why not be here?"

"My brother is probably looking for me."

"Hayes let's face it. You're the one who pulled me out of the place to go walking. But you had no idea where you were going when you walked out. You're a lost cause," Nat said looking me in the eyes.

"No I'm not. I mean look at you. You talk as if you have no heart or a soul?"

"You wanna find out?" She smirked.

"See what I'm saying. What is wrong with you?"

"The motto babe. The best way to not get your heart broken is to pretend you don't have one," she said calmly.

I had no idea what to say to that.

"Um Nat. We should go."

"Maybe," she shrugged but got up anyway. She held out her hand to help me up and I took it but once I stood up, she didn't let go.

"Natalie are you okay?"

"Hayes I'm crazy," she said loudly.

"Huh?"

"My family thinks I'm crazy because I get myself involved with different boys and go to parties. I just like living a little," she said, her last sentence quieter than the others.

"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow. I heard what she said but I didn't know how to respond.

"God you're clueless," she mumbled. "I get involved with a lot of boys...like you except you're not like the other ones. The others are usually way older. They do drugs sometimes and I've struggled more than once trying to get away from them."

"So stop doing that."

"Hayes I'm still attempting to get away from some of these guys. Actually I think I should go. Tell Moe I'm at home. k?"she said. She soon jogged off and I was left confused.

I took out my phone and called Nash.

"Hello?" A girl's voice said.

"Nash?"

"No stupid. Its Hayden."

"Oh my bad. Wrong number." I said.

"No this is Nash's phone. He's currently talking to Bart about his missing brother."

"Hay. Help me. I don't know where I am but I don't want to get in trouble."

"Well what do you want me to do?" She whisper shouted.

"Find me."

"Fine but you owe me. Give me details on where you are." She said.

"Well 1. Its very empty."
_____________________________

Idk where to go anymore with this book tbh....