17

*Hayden's POV*

"Are you going to be okay?" Hayes asked me as we pulled up in the hospital parking lot.

"Probably not," I chuckled.

"Sweety, why are you laughing?" My mom asked.

"I didn't laugh. Laughing isn't something I want to do and joy isn't something I can feel," I shook my head.

"You'll feel joy once you see that your sister is okay though," Hayes smiled slightly.

I gave him a weak smile and nodded. We got out of the car and went to meet my dad in the waiting room.

"Have you seen her yet?" Mom asked my dad.

"I just came out of there. She's weak. Weaker than before," he sighed.

I felt the water works build up but I fanned my eyes to keep them from coming. I took deep breathes until I was calmer.

"You okay?" Hayes asked.

Oh gawd. I can't do this.

I shook my head and he opened his arms for me. I began to sob in his chest as the thought of my little sister dying took over.

*Hayes POV*

"We'll be right back," Hayden's parents told me as they walked to their younger daughter's room.

I pulled Hayden onto my lap as I sat in one of the chairs. She had her head buried into my neck and she sobbed. I feel so bad for her. She hasn't even seen her sister yet and she's already like this.

"Hay...Hayden. Look at me," I whispered to her and she sat up to face me, still on my lap.

"You're sister will make it. If there's anything I learned about you, its that you're strong and your sister is probably even stronger. Just be there for her k?"

She nodded and I wiped her tears with my thumbs.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like this," she smiled a little.

"Don't worry. You're pretty when you cry," I cheesed.

She just looked at me but soon a tiny smile appeared. She quickly kissed my nose.

"Somewhere else," I smirked. She then kissed my cheek. "You missed a spot." I chuckled.

"No I didn't," she shook her head.

"Yeah you did. See you missed this spot right here," I said and gently pulled her into kissing my lips. Surprisingly she didn't pull away and our lips moved in sync. We kissed for about 3 minutes before she pulled away.

"I'm need to see my sister," she said softly with a smile. I smiled back and we both stood up. Luckily no one saw that little scene there cuz no one was in the area.

"I've always known that you liked me," I smirked.

"Oh that's cute," she rolled her eyes.

I smiled and we walked into her sister hospital room to see a lifeless body. She looked so pale but her heart monitor was still going.

Hayden fell to her knees next to Cassie's bed.

"Cassie."
------------------------------------

Shorter chapter