15

*Hayden's POV*

"Well maybe if you just left her alone then we wouldn't be having these issues."

"Hayes shut up! You know you're the one causing problems."

"She likes me and that makes you jealous. You should know when to stay away from someone's girl Nick."

I sat outside Nick's hotel room listening to them argue. This has been happening since the other night and when they aren't arguing, they're giving each other dirty looks.

I leaned against the door and listened more.

"I swear if you don't stay away from her, I will do bad things to you Hayes."

"Like what?"

"Only you will know."

I heard Hayes sigh loudly and stomp. I knew he was coming to the door but I wasn't gonna hide. I want them to know I was listening.

"I don't care what you do to me. Hayden still likes..." Hayes opened the door but quickly stopped once he saw me.

"Oh hi Hayden," Nick smiled at me walking to the doorway.

"Did you hear any of that?" Hayes asked.

"I'm gonna say this and I'm only saying it once. Neither one of you own me and I sure as hell don't like either one of you after this. You two argue all day everyday over someone who doesn't want either of you!" I said sternly.

"Hay-" Hayes started but I cut him off.

"And I thought we were best friends. Why do petty shit like this?! And Nick, how dare you threaten him? I thought you were a way better person than that!"

"Hayden he had it coming for him. I'm sorry," Nick apologized.

"Oh shut it. I don't know what kind of person you are but you sure are a jerk. I refuse to be friends with either of you," And with that I walked away.

I walked fast, nearly jogging and I felt betrayed and stupid. As i was going, I accidentally bumped into Trevor.

"What's wrong Hay?"

"Please leave me alone. I can't do this right now," I said.

I jogged to my room and jumped into my bed. I stared blankly at the ceiling. I felt hurt but at the same time it was numbing.

Two of your best friends are stupid.

That's not as painful as something else like murder or something.

I wasn't going to cry but there are so many feelings to feel at the moment, I don't know which one to choose.

After about 15 minutes of looking at the ceiling, I heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I asked

"Bart."

I got up and answered the door and went back to sit at the edge of my bed.

"Hi Hayden. What's wrong?" He asked.

"I kinda just called it quits with my friends," I sighed, "what are you doing here?"

"I kind of have some bad news."

"Oh god, what happened this time," I fell back on my bed and threw a pillow over my face.

"Your mom just called. She told me your sister is in the hospital and she's requesting you to come home for a few days. She says your sister wants to see you," he said sadly.