•|Chapter 7|•

I thanked Mark for the wonderful day and headed out the door for work. Of course, I couldn't leave until I promised Mark I'd be back later tonight. I couldn't help but feel so comfortable around him. And the kiss? It felt more friendly than relationship-y. Maybe it was just me.
__

I got home from work around 8 and set out for my run. It was very soothing and I felt a million times better after arriving back at home and taking a shower. The time was 10:00 pm when I slipped in my pajamas and headed over to Mark's. I knocked on his door and waited in the warm summer night. It was only about a minute later when Mark opened up the door.

"Babe!" He said jokingly and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me inside.

I giggled and made my way up the stairs and fell onto his couch.

"I thought your shift ended at 8?" He asked from the kitchen.

I cringed when I heard an item being dropped onto the floor. "Yeah I went for a run. Having this body isn't easy!" I teased

He didn't say anything as I heard fumbling in the kitchen and the sound of the microwave. His T.V. seemed to be working and his movie cabinet was opened, showing rows of neatly stacked movies.

"MOVIE NIGHT!" He yelled as he hurdled over the back of the couch and landed into a spot next to me.

"Ooh popcorn." I said, realizing after my run I didn't have much of an appetite.

Mark dug his fist into the bowl and pulled out a handful.

"So what movie?" He said, swallowing his handful of popcorn.

"I don't mind. It's up to you."

He got up from his spot and went to search through the movies.

"Hey Mark?" I asked

"Hm?"

"What are we?"

He looked back at me and then back at the movies.

"We are whatever you want us to be." He shrugged.

"I-I think I just want to be friends right now."

"Okay. Then that's what we are." He agreed.

"Cool."

He picked out a movie, put it in, and walked back over to sit beside me.

"Friends with benefits." He smiled waggling his eyebrows.

"You are such a perv." I giggled shoving his chest with my hand.

"Shh. The movie." He said pointing to the screen.

I sighed and placed my head on his shoulder. Maze Runner. Good choice.
____

I stayed awake through the movie which was a given, since I couldn't sleep when the T.V. was on. I hadn't even noticed but Marks hand was entwined with mine. He brought his hand up with mine and twisted it around like he was examining it.

"Friends my ass." He sassed

"What? Friends do this." I giggled

"If you say so." He laughed, laying his head on top of mine.

I took a deep breath and exhaled.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked

"Well I was thinking about breathing, but I guess now I'm thinking about you." I stated "How about you?"

"Just wondering how deep in the friendzone I'm in."

"Very deep." I replied

He let out a deep breath. "Damn. I was hoping that wasn't the case. You know, so I could do this." He smiled pulling his head down and enveloping me in a kiss.