Chapter 14

Garroth's POV:

This guy seems very familiar...

"The name is Zane. I am the high priest of O'kasis."

No... It couldnt be him... Why is here? Dont tell me he is here for me...

"Welcome to Phoenix Drop Zane."

"Thank you my lady."

Of course we cant kick Zane out but we can at least try to protect the village from harms way. Also with Aph being very powerful can help us.

After we showed Zane to his temporary home while hes here Aph and I went back to our house.

"Umm... Aph... I hate to say this but I cannot take my helm off at all while hes here."

"Wait... Didnt you say you were from O'Kasis?"

"Yes and..."

"And what?"

"Zane is... Well... Hes my... Brother..."

"So thats why you want to keep your helm on."

"Yeah, I dont want him to recognize me."

"I understand. As I said before, im not letting them take you."

"This is why I love you Aph. Always so caring for anyone you love."

"I love you too Garroth."

I kissed her to lighten up the mood. Gee I really hope Zane does not recognize me.

Aphmau's POV:

So Zane is Garroth's brother eh? Well I guess we better be careful on what we do so we dont blow Garroth's cover. I dont want to see him leave to marry someone he doesnt even love. Especially marry someome that is not me. *sigh* Well the village already knows about his dark presence so we are careful around him.

I see Zane trying to get to know the village for his stay here. Hmmm... I wonder how everyone is taking this. They all seem to be putting on a fake smile for him. I just need to focus on keeping everyone safe. Including Levin and Garroth.

Laurance's POV:

I have been seeing this guy all over the village all day trying to get to know people. Wait... Is he coming towards me??? I dont trust this guy what so ever. Something seems off about him. I still care for Lady Aphmau so I will protect her with my life. Im bummed that Garroth got her and Im just her guard bug hey... As long as shes happy Im happy.

Great here he comes... I hope this Zane guy doesnt hurt anyone...

"Hello you must be one of the guards?"

"Yes I am and you must be high priest Zane."

"Thats correct. Mind if I ask who you are."

Why does he want to know who I am?

"My name is Laurance."

"Hello Laurance it was nice to meet you."

"Same with you high priest Zane." I put on a fake smile as he left. Looks like hes heading towards Lord Aphmau's house. I better keep a better watch on her. Even though Garroth is there they may need back up. Looks like Dale and Brian had the same thought.

Garroth's POV:

"What is he doing here?" I ask Aph seeing Zane outside our house.

"I dont know but pretend you are my personal guard for now. Just stand somewhere."

"Okay."

Aph answered the door and Zane asked if he could come in. 'Of course not Zane you are not welcomed here.' I thought but of course we had no say so she had to let him in.

"Hello Lady Aphmau."

"Hello Zane."

"You got quite the village here."

"Thanks."

"Say, whats a guard doing in your house?"

"Hes my personal guard and he doesnt talk."

"Ah I see."

"So what brings you here this evening?"

"I just wanted to thank you for all the kindness you and your village has given me."

"Your welcome. We welcome all visitors." I can tell she was for sure faking it.

"Well I better get going. Its getting late. Good night my lady."

"Good night Zane."

He walked out and I relaxed from being stiff that whole time. But I did realize he kept looking at me. Then all the other guards knocked at the door and Aph opened it to let them all in.

Third person POV:

(A- Aphmau, G- Garroth, L- Laurance, D- Dale, Z- Zenix, B- Brian)

A- Hey guys whats going on?

L- That Zane guy.. He keeps going around trying to find out information from everyone.

Z- Yeah especially us guards. He seemed to take special interest in us.

G- Hes out to find me.

Everyone looked at him with a questioned look. Garroth explained the story to them being that in order to hide, others would need to know.

Z- And you never told me this even though we are best friends?

G- I didnt feel comfortable telling anyone. It took me a while to tell Aph half of the story.

D- So what do you guys think we should do?

A- Well we gotta keep him in hiding where Zane wont know its him.

Everyone agreed and went home and decided to discuss the situation later. Garroth and Aphmau went upstairs and went to bed. The whole village seemed to be on their toes with the new visitor in town.

A/N So... What could result in this with Zane being in Phoenix Drop? Hmmm... Well I guess you will have to find out later. Sorry there was not much going on but I guess this is what I get for writing at 3am when I am half awake. I should really get to bed and not write in the middle of the night. So I will post this later on in the morning but yes I did write this at 3am. Anyway guys see ya soon!