Chapter 11

"Daddy! Daddy where are you?" My childish voice asked playfully.

From behind me I heard my mother chuckle. "Come and find me Gemmy." I heard my father's voice respond.

I laughed and ran behind the tree from where the voice had come. I was met with a man who had light brown hair just like mine's and a smile that could light up the world. "I founj you daddy!"

My father smiled and scooped me up in his arms, " You did founj me! Alright it's my turn to finj you now."

My mother laughed. "Uh-oh Gemmy, you better run before the big bad monster finds you." And I did run, in fact I ran away laughing but little did I know that my mother wasn't joking, she really meant her words when she referred to my father as the big bad monster.

************
"Wyatt Evans I cannot believe that you brought a poor, innocent girl into our business. She could have died for goodnessakes. What did she do to deserve all the panic and fear that last night brought her? Nothing, that's right. In fact she helped you through your difficult situations. I cannot believe this." The voice sounded like a woman's. Clearly she seemed worried but it wasn't until my brain processed her words that I realized she was talking about me.

Last night's events came rushing back like a shock after a tsunami. My head was pounding and a stinging sentation nipped at my neck. Holy shit! I had been shot at! Holy shit, I crashed my car. Holy shit.....

I kept my eyes closed even though I was fully awake now.

"You think I don't know that, mom? She didn't deserve this but I can't exactly do anything now." I heard Wyatt's voice and for some reason my heart beat calmed from the panic.

"Oh yes there is, I have to go get Leah ready for school, but you watch her and I will explain my plan later."

I don't think his mother waited for an answer because the next thing I heard was the door slam.

"I know you're awake," Wyatt sighed after a moment.

I didn't even bother pretending like I wasn't, my eyes fluttered open subconsciously and I looked up at the ceiling. My whole body ached and I would've even turned to meet Wyatt's glare if it weren't for the excuriating pain. I tried to turn to my side but couldn't due to a sharp pain in my stomach. I groaned as I felt the pang and instantly Wyatt was by my side.

"Explain to me why I am at your house and not at the hospital." I muttered as Wyatt placed his hand on my arms to support me.

Wyatt's beautiful face held a deep grimace, but he still responded. "We couldn't risk your safety by taking you to a public place. We called your friend Brian to fix you up, by the way."

Great! Brian knew! I would be getting an earful later. "Ugh!" I groaned.

"I'm sorry," I looked up at Wyatt so fast, I think I got whip lash.

"Huh?" I asked, not sure if I heard him correctly.

Wyatt's styled dark hair fell into his light eyes and he spoke once again. "I'm sorry, I am really very sorry, Gemma. The only reason those guys are after you is because I brought you into my business that day in the alley. I.....I am so sorry."

I looked into Wyatt's eyes trying to figure out whether his apology was genuine or not. It was, which was the thing that surprised me. I thought bad boys were bad, not apologizing guilt feelers.

"Uh....it's okay. Besides it was partly my fault as well. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time." I admitted. Sure last night had been....one hell of a ride, but I, in a sense, got involved by choice by helping him.